• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with AC

Gary Spaid

Local time
3:56 AM
Reaction score
Guys I am new to the forum. I need some help. Just bought a 67 GTX with AC. But as you might expect it doesn't seem to work. I am looking for the manifold vac hose which seems to be missing. Where does it go thru the bulkhead? Got a
Photo to help an old guy out?

I have one but I cannot find anywhere it describes how the vac hose from yhe manifold gets to the Heater/AC controls are.

It has pictures of the heater-a/c box from both the firewall side and passenger compartment side. If you have the rest of the vacuum hoses in their proper location it should not be hard to see where the manifold hose goes. Not to the control switch. Unless this is a restoration any hole in the firewall will do to run a vacuum line to the cabin. Is the system even functional ? If the system was left open for any extended period of time, there are many other things that need to be done. The controls only operate the a/c-heater blend doors and not the compressor or heater control valve.

OK, the compressor runs and is fully charged. We can barely feel cool air coming out the vents. We need to check that the blower is turning like it should. I think some of the doors are not operating because we don't think there is any vacuum to the controller. Can't get to the controller right now because of one screw we can't reach. Once I can get to the controller I can determine if there is vacuum to work with and whether the controller works. I know you can route a vac hose from the manifold however you want thru the bulkhead, just would like to know if there is one already routed.

Update: I have supplied vacuum source from manifold to the heater/AC controller. Very little air blowing. I'd like to get into the controller. What is proper way to remove the heater/AC buttons without damaging them? Do they just pull off?

Auto Transport Service
Back