• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with BC sheet decode.

logic2

Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Is there a document that can help me decode this broadcast sheet for my 1968 Charger 383 ?

What I know about it:
383 2bbl
Auto on the console
A/C
White bucket seat interior
Burgundy ext

Thank in advance for any info.

Thanks

EE65E052-FD70-4599-AE30-1CEC25B9BBDD.png

AB4D6492-78E0-4A0F-8614-412124A2EF6F.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank You for the link to the mymopar broadcast sheet decoder but like all others, it does not work.
It's possible that I'm just stupid and not understanding it.

This decoder shows a list of number 1-999 with an option description right beside the numbers.

There are several options completely missing or else they do not match what my 1968 broadcast sheet displays.

For example: 6CW is listed at the beginning of the 2nd line, which I am assuming is for my white bucket seat console, but I do not see that option or description anywhere on the website.

There are plenty of other examples as well.

Is there not a document that allows you to cross reference each line of BC sheet codes above to the options ?

Thank You Very Much,

Last edited:
CAR: Dodge Charger 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 383cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: 7.75x14 White Sidewall
MODEL YEAR: 1968
BUILD DATE: January 25.
AXLE: 2.76 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Charger Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. White Interior.
PAINT: Burgundy Metallic.
UPPER DOOR FRAME: White

MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
H1: Power Brakes
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y7: White Vinyl Top

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

Last edited:
Fender tag codes for 68

Attachments

• Vin Decode 8.June.21-1.pdf
    165.2 KB · Views: 109
Thank You for the link to the mymopar broadcast sheet decoder but like all others, it does not work.
It's possible that I'm just stupid and not understanding it.

This decoder shows a list of number 1-999 with an option description right beside the numbers.

There are several options completely missing or else they do not match what my 1968 broadcast sheet displays.

For example: 6CW is listed at the beginning of the 2nd line, which I am assuming is for my white bucket seat console, but I do not see that option or description anywhere on the website.

There are plenty of other examples as well.

Is there not a document that allows you to cross reference each line of BC sheet codes above to the options ?

Thank You Very Much,
the 1-999 are used to decode the sheet

Are you finding what you need? There is no "one document" that encompasses all the info that I'm aware of. You wind up having to reference multiple docs.
For example: 6CW is listed at the beginning of the 2nd line...
C6W is your interior "trim code" - the box it's in is defined "TRIM 32-34" that means it will have 3 option codes defined (32_ thru 34_) and you can think of yours as 32C, 336 and 34W ....you won't find these "codes" in this format published anywhere...but that's essentially what their intent is.
W is easy - always white; X always black. There are additional alpha and numeric codes for various other colors. (ain't gonna try to list them all).
6 is always vinyl buckets - this is across all brands/models. 1-9 are defined here; for example **3 is always Leather Buckets.**
C is not your console: Look over to option "48_" - The blank means there is more than one option that can be defined for that position ...since yours has 6 entered (= sales code 486 on that 1-999 type stuff), that means "console"; if it were 5 (code 485), it would be a "Buddy Seat". Next to it is code 487 - there is only that one option for that box and since your has "7" entered below it, your car gets a cigar lighter. If blank, ...yours didn't get it! (Easy-peasey, no?)
Back to your "C" - this is your "trim grade" - in the B-Body platform, C means "Charger" and therefore defines the style, grains and stitching patterns used on the upholstery in all Chargers. It defines the door cards (the embossing and map pockets) and the upper door pads used. You won't find any of the other various grades (D for Deluxe; H for High; L for Low, etc.) in a Charger. (Unless, somehow, maybe, for some reason, special ordered?) The other places you find a "C" grade is in non-B-body lines where it means "Comfort", so you still have to pay attention a bit.
The last two lines of your sheet - the "Build Codes" - are mostly defining the last two or three digits of the part number to be put on the car. Your radiator, for example, would be 2898047, and your transmission would be 2801543. That undefined "R" box with the two digits 53 is the tire label - part number 2948053.

Clear as mud, right? Have fun!
Mark

**Edit to correct a mistake**: 3 is not always leather buckets - I see there is variation in the coding among the different lines and brands and I don't even see an option for any leather in the cars covered in this forum. Sorry about that - ...as soon as I say "always"!... Not

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back