• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with dipstick and headers -440

jerry

Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
What kind of dipstick works well with headers on a 440? I have a 68 Coronet with Hedmans and alum valve covers and nowhere to mount the stocker.
Thanks

I ruined one dipstick trying to make it work...Bought another off of ebay...I had to be creative with bending the tube to make it work...So it can be done..Used stock mounting bolt under header..

Petty Blue 67 gTx

I got so discussed with my Hemi car with headers that I had a tube put through the header tube that is in the way for the dipstick to go through.

You can use a flexable braded unit from Milidon. I am sure several other suppliers make them too. They cost a few bucks but work well, try Mancini they will have one.

You can use a flexable braded unit from Milidon. I am sure several other suppliers make them too. They cost a few bucks but work well, try Mancini they will have one.

I agree with Dantrap. I normally have a serious aversion billet nonsense of any kind, but I had the same issue as the OP. I ordered the flexible braided setup from Mancini, and it solved all the problems. It went in so easy and so fast it was hilarious. I couldn't be happier.

I remember seeing at the Mopar Nats a setup where you cut your dipstick tube near the block and used copper pipe fittings to make a two-piece dipstick tube. Makes it a lot easier to get the headers on and off, not having to work around the dipstick tube.

Auto Transport Service
Back