• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Front sway bar mounting on 66 Satellite

2quick

Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need a little help sorting out the front sway-bar on my 66 Satellite. I'm looking to install a PST 1 1/8 sway bar where non existed before. I called PST and while they weren't rude they weren't really helpful either. I asked them if there part# SWAY541 sway-bar included mounting brackets for the LCA and K member and he replied it did. My confusion is the picture doesn't show any mounts other then the normal links and center bushing. Does anyone have experience with this. I've also read on another thread that some guys are using this mount for the LCA Do you guys think the PST bar will work with this LCA mount? I've noticed some LCA mounts are mounted near the center of the arm and some are closer to the shock.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hss-23366/overview/
http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3039/.f?sc=12

If your car did not come with a sway bar from the factory, then the sway bar kit will include 2 tabs that are attached to the shock bolt.

The mounts come in all kits cause there's only 1 kit available and the add doesn't question with or without factory sway bar. Do you think the Hotchkis bracket welded on would be a better mount. Seems kinda cheesy to mount using the shock bolt. Anyone have pics of PST mounts?

If you have some factory lca with the mounting tabs on them, I would use those, but if not, nothing wrong with the shock bolt tabs.

- - - Updated - - -

The sway bar tabs in your link will also work. You will need to have the car at ride height before taking them on, then disconnect the end links, and finish burning them in.

Problem is the K member and engine are out of car and I'm powder coating the LCA's so I kinda need to locate and weld before I can put back together. Think I'll just mock it up to see where it fits.
Does anyone know of a better sway bar kit for my application that's comparable or better than the PST kit for around $200? I've not read great things about the PST kit on this forum seams the mounts are just drilled flat stock.

If you give me a call I will help you with the install or any of your questions. I am in the office from 7am to 4:30 Monday through Friday.

Call me directly I will get you squared away.

Thanks
James From
PST
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back