• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with leaf spring choice. Pictures inside!

IMG_0104 (5).JPG
This is my ride height.

1965 Factory b- body has a 21" front segment. 66 and up 22"front segment. This can be juggled some but keep in mind Plymouth and dodge used different length front hangars.

Here is my ride height with 456/457 superstock springs, about a half inch higher on the pass side than drivers. With 10x28 or 10.5x28 slicks.
I don't know if I would recommend the current ss springs, I have heard of them sagging fairly quickly. These are the Mexican built ones, and have been on the car for at least 20 years.
Mancini sells the current versions of these for under $150 each, but you will probably need the hangers that go with them.

IMG_20221102_091414.jpg

IMG_20221102_084720.jpg

Nismobishi

Here you Go.
I did allot research from this board to get the right tire/ rim BS to get the look for my car. MT sportsman tires.

I wanted to go with pie tin tires but the old style non radials are tuff to deal with.

Rims
front 15" x 5 4.5 BS
Rear 15" x 7 4.5 BS

20231006_195400.jpg

20231006_195510.jpg

20231006_195452.jpg

20231006_195526.jpg

You might also check with St. Louis Spring Co. I haven't purchased from them for many years, but when I did, they would make whatever you want. I had the ones for my '64 Belvedere made with an extra leaf and 2" extra arch. That put the rear end much higher than what you want. I would think that 1" extra arch would give you what you desire.

Heres the same car today, with Espo std rating +2" springs

unknownfilename.jpg

unknownfilename (1).jpg

Well, I called Espo, super nice people and a nice operation gping on over there but the shipping kills it for me. $112 just to ship. I am looking the Mopar SS 456 457 springs that some of you have been posting. I can get them for about $300 bucks from Summit or Jegs with only $20 shipping. Is there anything extra that I need to run the Super Stock springs? I have heard some talk about needing new hangers? What about bushings and u-bolts? Can I reuse those?

All ss springs are 20" front segment, front spring eye to center pin. So, the first thing you need to know is the front segment you have now. (I'm betting on 21 or 22 inches)
If that is correct, you will need front hangers, to move the front spring eye rearward.
I'm pretty sure the 456/457 are the 3400 lb springs, my car is 3250-3300 lbs, and they work good.
Long story about the hangers on my car...... but you won't have my problem.

Hello,
I am really looking into these springs. It looks like the 3800lb are the 454 and 455. The 456 and 457 are 3400. Which ones do you have in your picture?
I will look tonight when I get home and double check the numbers. It's been about 13 years and they still stand tall. I do suggest a decent shock like Viking or QA1 to give a better ride as they are pretty stiff springs. I have QA1 singles on my car and they are worth the extra money.
Gus

Well, I went cheap and ordered the Pro Comp 13120 add a leaf. I am going to add it into my leaf pack. After much research it looks like plenty of Mopars have had this installed and it stiffens the springs back up and adds an inch or so of lift. They are 2.36" wide which I believe to be very minimal. About 1/16" inset on each side of the leaf when compared to the 2.5" leaf.

Auto Transport Service
Back