• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with leaf spring choice. Pictures inside!

Nismobishi

Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My stock springs are sagging bad on my 65 Satellite. I have air shocks on it right now to achieve the stance that I like. What springs should I order that I can run with regular shocks and stay at this same height? I would like to stay around $150 or less per side hopefully. I think right now I'm about 1 inch over stock?

20230812_151251.jpg

20230812_151259.jpg

I would call Espo Spring. That looks like stock height to me. Maybe the HD style would last longer for you?? Maybe look at some pix for +1"s.... I'm certain +2"s would put you sky high.

A pair of new springs will be minimum of $500.00. Since you are in the Valley, there may be some spring shops around who can re-arch them. But thats kind of a bandaid postponing replacement. Springs, torsion bars and many other mechanical parts are like us. Don't last forever, can't carry the loads they used too etc.

A re arch and add a good extra main leaf can do wonders.. but who even still does that anymore.

Thank you all for the advice! I am going to call ESPO and see about getting a set from them. The car in the picture below is what I believe to be stock height, comparing that car to my car, would it be safe to assume that I want a +1 set of springs?

medium_1965_plymouth_belvedere_ii_2_door_hardtop_8e47cdd57b.jpg

i have +1 espo on 65 belvedere. if you want stock go stock...

Might consider a 6-leaf spring. I put 2-inch recurve. Did not want to put air shocks on the car due to have many ones fail. Thought it would ride somewhat stiff but not so. Just my two cents.

Hello everyone,
My stock springs are sagging bad on my 65 Satellite. I have air shocks on it right now to achieve the stance that I like. What springs should I order that I can run with regular shocks and stay at this same height? I would like to stay around $150 or less per side hopefully. I think right now I'm about 1 inch over stock?

View attachment 1534908

View attachment 1534910
I've bought a few sets of springs from this place. They have always work for me.
Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth Car Leaf Springs | General Spring

i have +1 espo on 65 belvedere. if you want stock go stock...
I don't want stock. I want it how my picture looks in post #1. I'm thinking a plus 1 should do it. Can you post a picture of your car with the plus 1?

What is the reasoning for this?
Depends on where you are seeing this. Mopar Performance Super Stock springs are very commonly used on all A-B&E bodied cars, but their front segment length is only correct for A-bodied cars. In order to use them on others, you normally change the front spring hanger to match your vintage and body type. None of this applies for standard replacement springs, only the SS springs which used to be wildly popular.

https://s.turbifycdn.com/aah/chucker54/chrysler-leaf-spring-dimensions-24.png

Depends on where you are seeing this. Mopar Performance Super Stock springs are very commonly used on all A-B&E bodied cars, but their front segment length is only correct for A-bodied cars. In order to use them on others, you normally change the front spring hanger to match your vintage and body type. None of this applies for standard replacement springs, only the SS springs which used to be wildly popular.

https://s.turbifycdn.com/aah/chucker54/chrysler-leaf-spring-dimensions-24.png
Thank you for that!

Thats a good question. I feel like some springs that I look at say 64-65 and some say 65-74 and some say 66-69. What is the reasoning for this?
Saw that also - I don't know... It has the measurements on their website. Probably need to crawl under and measure. The springs I have are 6 for the left and 7 on right - called big block or hemi springs. I believe they are the ones you need.

Auto Transport Service
Back