• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with paint code

Or a red like this, red blue or black haha. Going to paint store next Monday hoping to have some color references.

thanks!

That looks like B7 to me. This is my best friends b7 a66 car.

20210314_082139.jpg 20210314_082202.jpg

Being that the Blue Charger is not stock, I'd be willing to bet that the color is closer to 1996-7 Viper blue. The correct 1968 blue code is QQ1. The red Charger shown is PP1

1968-dodge color chips.jpg

I was going to say Viper blue as well......way too much candy look to be a factory color. I'd say PP1 or an R4 red from 1969 would get you the shade you wanted with PP1 being a bit darker.

I was going to say Viper blue as well......way too much candy look to be a factory color. I'd say PP1 or an R4 red from 1969 would get you the shade you wanted with PP1 being a bit darker.

1969 R4 looks orange next to 1968 PP1.

img_20190929_143353245_hdr-jpg.jpg

pxl_20201226_211501964-jpg.jpg

FE5 too from 70 is a pretty bright red.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'll bet its a basecoat clearcoat , it wont look anything like that in single stage

I have had non tri-stage paints differ in lightness/darkness based from the color of the primer below them. I wont even mention gun pressure settings or lay patterns.

Last edited:
Basically find a color you like and do some spray outs.....there is infinite things that can alter a color. I paint so I have seen this stuff and you'll get a million different facts on air supply, temp, distance painted, etc...... Pick a color and work with it and it'll turn out fine. You are doing a complete so matching 100% correct isn't an issue either.

PP1 Red looks like exactly what I want! Thinking of going with PPG brand

PP1 is exactly what I’m looking for.
Does anyone have a paint code for modern paint like PPG or Glasiruit?

PPG has all the codes the redid the original ditzler formulas , your paint store that deals PPG can get it from the code on your fender tag

QQ1 Bright Blue Poly (?)
CC1 medium blue poly (?)
EE1 dark blue poly (sort of dark)

hard to tell exactly in photos

Mopar Paint Chips 1968-Dodge-pc.jpg

or 69 colors
B5 bright blue poly (?)
B7 medium blue poly (?)
B9 dark blue poly (sort of too dark)
Mopar Paint Chips 1969-Dodge-pc.jpg

Check out PaintRef.com You can click on any paint code of paint color name and it will cross reference the info for you, it's a great database to use.

Auto Transport Service
Back