• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with the rim choice for my Satellite 72

testerli33

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
I 'm now even more thoughts on what kind of rims should I put my Satellite.

Really want to stay at 15 inches, but am also open to 17 or 18 inches. Would favor me the AR Torq Thrust D , the gray star , would be a nice contrast to the gray / silver that I have on the car.

But possibly you have still one or the other suggestion :)

Here are a few pictures :

sat15n0dboqfx2.jpg

sat273c0fih5kx.jpg

sat13zsm6o2y9up.jpg

thread approved

I think 15" Rallye' or the 17" Rallye's YO sells .. or maybe cop wheels and chrome lug nuts

or 15x8" Super Coupe or Magnum GT wheels, centers and trim rings

2SuperCoupes.jpg

11.jpg

17's

Here a picture of my friends GTX...same body style. He has 17's.

Attachments

• 20130601_141355.jpg
    20130601_141355.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 499
I'm with Tallhair on the recommendation of Year One's 17" Rallye's. It is as though they were made for this body style to me they take the cake hands down

Try painting the center sections and around the cap of the mag 500's on it hemi orange and see how it looks to you.... my 67 is white and I plan to do a slight brighter white on the 500's to make them trick you could put a painted piece of poster board over them to get an idea with out actually painting them.... the 2tone you have looks like you just need to tie the color in.... what ever rim

I've always liked the centerline convo pro on that body style. 15x10 and 15x8

Rev Classic 100 with the anthracite center. Im still waiting on my tires so so final install pics yet. I went with 17x8 & 17x9 with 245/45 up front and 275/40 in the rear. I am super excited to get them on. Good luck finding them, they are on national back order for quit a while. I bought the fronts and rears from two different places just because of availab2014-04-10_19-41-31_499.jpgility

I'm considering going "Old school" with mine and installing a polished set of Weld Wheel Drag Lights.

- - - Updated - - -

nasty's%20weld%20wheels3.jpgSDC10648.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I just scrounged a few pictures from the internet.

Thanks for all the suggestions! :) The Ansen I like also very good, I had on my previous Trans Am. What do you think about the new American Racing forged split -spoke wheel , front 17x8 , and 18x10 for the rear ? :) Did the rims possibly someone already ?

Got them on, Rev classic 100 17x8 17x9 0 offset all the way around 245/45/17 front 275/40/17 rear. Im going to just drive it at stock ride height for the summer then this winter comes the larger torsion bars, tubular upper control arms and lowering blocks for the rear. All in all I want to drop it down about 2" and I think it will sit perfectly and handle well with the new Helwig sway bars too.

2014-04-18_14-30-39_181.jpg

lowering your car after the season

Got them on, Rev classic 100 17x8 17x9 0 offset all the way around 245/45/17 front 275/40/17 rear. Im going to just drive it at stock ride height for the summer then this winter comes the larger torsion bars, tubular upper control arms and lowering blocks for the rear. All in all I want to drop it down about 2" and I think it will sit perfectly and handle well with the new Helwig sway bars too.

View attachment 182685
Sweet looking ride .don't put it down muscle cars were supposed to look like they were racing sitting still . Big rubber as springs turn up the torsion bars a bit and let er go . I really hate seeing american muscle sitting like a mini truck slammed ...personal pereferrance I guess but it is one nice ride ...

I agree, but I am not doing it for looks. I'v owned many sports cars over the years and Run SCCA, track days ect. MY goal is to have the best of both worlds, badazz muscle and corner carving ability and to do that my center of gravity is going to have to drop a bit. 2" from where it sits right now is actualy not very much IMO. I have already had the steering box revalved by firm feel, all new PST up front with shorter pitman arm and Hellwig sway bars front and rear. Next will be ajdustable Konis and rear disc brakes with a hydro master cylinder.

Auto Transport Service
Back