• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with wheel backspacing and tire size

superbird77

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to figure out what backspacing i would need for a set of 18 inch wheels going onto my 69 Roadrunner. First of all i know some of you guys dislike the larger wheels but we can still be friends, right? Anyways i am looking to put a set of Circle Racing series 94 wheels (magnum 500 style) and wondered if anyone has gone the 18 inch route that can give me the specs on their backspacing and tire sizes. I was thinking of using an 18x9.5 size on the rear and 18x9 size on the front. Any advice on wheel size, backspacing or tire size would be helpful, thanks.

Circle 94.jpg

4.5" up front for the 9" wide fronts (I did 4.5" on 8" wide, I wish I went with 9")
5-5.5" on the rear should work for 9.5-10" wide rear (I did 5.5" on 10" wide wheels)

Thanks for the info, i was kinda wondering if a 9 inch wheel was too wide on the front.

4.5" up front for the 9" wide fronts (I did 4.5" on 8" wide, I wish I went with 9")
5-5.5" on the rear should work for 9.5-10" wide rear (I did 5.5" on 10" wide wheels)

Auto Transport Service
Back