• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hemi and headers

terzmo

Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
installing a 426/472 hemi in my 67R/T and want to go with 2 1/8 primaries on the headers. Is there a set for this B body that won't capture a mini starter ? Thanks in advance to all

Tti is the only set I would use
yes....heard nothing but good things about those expensive headers BUT....do they capture the starter...mini starter...that's the question here.....

We put a full TTI exhaust on a buddy's 67 hemi Coronet automatic. I recall the headers being snug and needing massaging for clearance. I don't think the starter was coming out without header removal.
As an aside, the mini starter on my 65 hemi Belvedere is captured by the TTI header.

We put a full TTI exhaust on a buddy's 67 hemi Coronet automatic. I recall the headers being snug and needing massaging for clearance. I don't think the starter was coming out without header removal.
As an aside, the mini starter on my 65 hemi Belvedere is captured by the TTI header.

thanks

I have TTI headers on my 69 with the mini starter. They went on without an problems.

TTI 2 1/4 headers - 1967 RT - I use a mini starter that can be easily removed by just unbolting the header from the head. Manual steering and an automatic. You may want to hook up the wires BEFORE you instal the starter LOL

TTI 2 1/4 headers - 1967 RT - I use a mini starter that can be easily removed by just unbolting the header from the head. Manual steering and an automatic. You may want to hook up the wires BEFORE you instal the starter LOL
I'm looking at 2 1/8 but it has 3 1/2 inch collectors instead of the 3 inch I prefer. Somesort of reduction I'll have to do

'67 Dodge R/T, tti with a few tweaks.....3 1/2 collectors ...no problem with starter :eusa_pray:
hope this helps...
Sonny

Attachments

• DSCN0862 (640x480).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN0865 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0865 (640x480).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN0868 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0868 (640x480).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 142
All my cars have custom built headers. They aren't one size fits all.

Auto Transport Service
Back