• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about TTI 426 hemi Headers

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying TTI 426 Hemi Headers 2 1/8 primary tube. Car is a factory 67 GTX 426 4 speed. I was reading through all the footnotes provided in their install adjustments. The one sticky point is a reference to working with 143 tooth flywheel. 66/67 Hemi cars are 172 tooth flywheel. Of course I called TTI and the older gentlemen I got on the phone from tech said he couldn't give me a concrete answer. He said most people switch to the smaller bellhousing and flywheel. I don't want the extra expense of bellhousing, flywheel, clutch just to have headers. RobbMC makes a mini starter for the direct drive bellhousing.
So has any member bought and installed TTI hemi headers on a 66/67 with the 172 tooth factory flywheel ? I don't want to buy these and have to start hammering tubes for clearance issue.

I was thinking about buying TTI 426 Hemi Headers 2 1/8 primary tube. Car is a factory 67 GTX 426 4 speed. I was reading through all the footnotes provided in their install adjustments. The one sticky point is a reference to working with 143 tooth flywheel. 66/67 Hemi cars are 172 tooth flywheel. Of course I called TTI and the older gentlemen I got on the phone from tech said he couldn't give me a concrete answer. He said most people switch to the smaller bellhousing and flywheel. I don't want the extra expense of bellhousing, flywheel, clutch just to have headers. RobbMC makes a mini starter for the direct drive bellhousing.
So has any member bought and installed TTI hemi headers on a 66/67 with the 172 tooth factory flywheel ? I don't want to buy these and have to start hammering tubes for clearance issue.

no help here , but I`d be very wary of robmc peformance , he wont stand behind the products he sells ...
I bought a set of roller rockers off of him , the exhaust rockers weren`t even machined for keeper clearance , and guess what , he wouldnt make them good ! As far as I`m concerned he`s apiece of **** !!!

no help here , but I`d be very wary of robmc peformance , he wont stand behind the products he sells ...
I bought a set of roller rockers off of him , the exhaust rockers weren`t even machined for keeper clearance , and guess what , he wouldnt make them good ! As far as I`m concerned he`s apiece of **** !!!
only purchases I've made from him are his offset dowel pins for bell housing and one of his starters. Those parts were fine. Unless I'm mistaken he is the only person that makes a starter to replace the direct drive starters.

Dan I can only add I have auto.atic with this headers and your welcome one to come look and eye ball the situation as we ha e talked about my co.ing breaking with my 472

I
only purchases I've made from him are his offset dowel pins for bell housing and one of his starters. Those parts were fine. Unless I'm mistaken he is the only person that makes a starter to replace the direct drive starters.
I`ve got a summit mopar starter on my 505 , best yet , no problems...

I have tti's on my '69, but, the bellhousing is a '68. I have counted the teeth, can't remember, 143? Dakota starter, tti's are 2 1/4".

Yes yours would be a 143 tooth , the 66 and 67 are saddled with that 172 tooth monster. They won’t guarantee a fit. If I have to switch because of the headers I would need a new bell housing, flywheel, clutch, starter. I’m just going to stay with the manifolds.

Not sure if this helps you but I bought a Hooker set off a 69 4 speed RR, big flywheel and direct drive starter, they fit well but tight in places he said, no dings in them. If fact I bought the headers, h-pipes and mufflers

Auto Transport Service
Back