• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hemi block

dan brooks

Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone give me any information on a hemi block I'm looking at? I cant seem to find any information about it. The casting numbers are 3577430 and build date is 1-19-70, thanks

What is the Cast date?

Can anyone give me any information on a hemi block I'm looking at? I cant seem to find any information about it. The casting numbers are 3577430 and build date is 1-19-70, thanks
I thought they were all 2468330. Are you sure on that number?

3577430-1 or -2 is the D5 426 hemi block...all seem to have the casting date of 1-19-70

So looking through some old direct connection books that block I believe is what they referred to as the HD "fuel" block. Guessing it's pretty damn rare... would LOVE to see some good quality pictures of the block your looking at.

As an aside, I'm guessing most of those blocks would have been beat to death racing. Be wary of buying it for more than a conversation piece

Please post some pics of the block. Especially the deck. The D5 blocks are different than a production block.

Most were used for Top Fuel cars and Pro Stock back in the day.

I know a few guys who could be interested in it.

Deck height is probably short. Do you want to trim your heads and/or intake down?

In 1970 they started casting block with thicker main web. Think all blocks were like that.

So looking through some old direct connection books that block I believe is what they referred to as the HD "fuel" block. Guessing it's pretty damn rare... would LOVE to see some good quality pictures of the block your looking at.

As an aside, I'm guessing most of those blocks would have been beat to death racing. Be wary of buying it for more than a conversation piece
So was this a production block? Or was it a performance part.

Auto Transport Service
Back