• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi engine install

Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for information ref: Installing a 425/426 Hemi in my 67 Satellite. Currently running a 383 auto. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Need a new K-frame with the mounts in the right spot. There are two different kinds, The early type , and the one that fits the 440 and the newer Hemi blocks with the new location.

Keep your K frame, call Schumacher for Mounter mounts. Just take a picture of the mounts on the block and email to them. Their mounts work better and save a ton of space. I would upgrade the clutches and spragues plus Governor in the 383 and also remember you need a flex plate for 8 hole and 1/2 bolts for torque Converter. If converter is original and trans has not been freshened up in a good while now is the time.

The exhaust system is simple buy a used set of TTI headers. Buying exhaust manifolds is a joke what they want for them. If you want it to run really nice on the street install a single carb and forget 50 year old Carter Junk 2x4 setups. I am sure many will trash me for this but thats life. Your going to need a 26 inch radiator and also a good 7 blade fan with clutch. The ideal carb is 950 cfm Quick Fuel or Holley.

Racing , stock appearing, hot-rod? Performance level? There are a million different combo's. No two people need/want the same thing.

Auto Transport Service
Back