• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Front Suspention Info

Bold & Old

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi... everyone..... I have a 1967 2 door Plymouth Belvedere with disc brakes that had originally had a 383 motor. I will be installing a 426 hemi in its place. I am aware that the Brake booster may need replacement I do have a 1966 hemi K member.....

What will I need to beef-up the front end that is not already installed now including steering box. I assume the torsion bars will be one of the items?

Thanks Guys in advance :)

Booster needs to be for a Hemi and booster is different for discs or drum. Dual diaphragm for discs. You need the bracket to raise the booster for valve cover clearance. Heavier t-bars as you thought.

Last edited:
Torsion Bars, and if your car didn't come with a front sway bar, you will have to add sway bar tabs to the lower control arms along with the sway bar. Address the brake system as mentioned if power brakes.

Subframe connectors.....welded in.

Would a non power steering with a quick ratio idler and pitman arm be advised?

Would a non power steering with a quick ratio idler and pitman arm be advised?
If your car is power steering I would make it work. A Hemi up front makes it necessary at my age. I have 2 Hemi 4-speeds without PS that I would like to convert. I can drive them but it's a chore in tight places at slow speeds.

If your car is power steering I would make it work. A Hemi up front makes it necessary at my age. I have 2 Hemi 4-speeds without PS that I would like to convert. I can drive them but it's a chore in tight places at slow speeds.

Thanks ... I may do that.......

after doing the front t bars and sway a cordoba rear sway if doing corners
17 " wheel take 14" discs

Auto Transport Service
Back