• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi hood scoop

GTXTHUNDER

Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I have been searching for a Hemi or RO 23 scoop for my 67 GTX. Vfn has a 3 inch Hemi scoop for an advertised price of $120.00. Sled city has the same scoop for $240.00, and Kramer has the RO 23 scoop for a list price of $395.00. Can there be that much of a difference between them? I thought the Hemi and RO 23 scoops were the same. Am i missing something.Please give me your opinions. Thanks

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Some have a bottom flange with holes to bolt on while some need to be glassed on. I think some are molded plastic too, while most are glass. Also look and see if the leading top edge is nicely rolled under or straight. Aside from that there doesn't appear to be a standard size either with differences in all dimensions. The one I have on my Plymouth is one of the nicest I've seen - but I don't know where it came from :)

yes there is a big difference between them

VFN is crap. Made to fiberglass to a fiberglass hood. Thin as can be.

Sled city is the best especially when it comes to the mounts. However its a 65 RO not a 67 if that is what you are after. Back of scoop has a bigger curve than the 67 does.

I have the kramer scoop and I'm very happy with it but only after I custom made a new mounting system to properly bolt it to my hood.

Just my 2 cents
-Steve

I have a 66 Belv and have used the Kramer scoop and the Sled City one. Both are available with the straight back for the 66-67's. I started with the Kramer scoop. Very strong and has the more correct(to original) mounting flange. This, however, created a problem for me. The scoop didn't fit the contour of my hood along the sides. When I bolted the scoop down it created divots, or depressions, in the hood. Does that make sense? Anyway, I'm now painting my car and went with the Sled city one. Different mounting system that allowed me to scribe it to the hood for a perfect fit. It is good quality - almost as good as the Kramer one. By the way, I called Kramer and they said their scoop is designed like the factory steel ones which didn't fit tight to the hood at the front. I might have pics if you'd like.

I would like to see pictures of this scoop on your car if you don't mind. I'm looking for one to put on my '66 Satellite. I found one at Go Fast Parts (66-67 Mopar HEMI scoop) that looks good but I don't know anything about the quality. $230.00 Thanks 383MV

Auto Transport Service
Back