• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Orange or Sassy Grass?

Should I paint my car Hemi Orange or Sassy Grass ?

• Hemi Orange

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Sassy Grass

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
I'm the opposite, "I keep everything; even the wife, LOL!"
:lol:
It is like an old pair of blue gens once broken in and fell comfortable we don't get rid of them. A buddy of mine say I don't sell any thing. I guess it is an attachment thing. My truck and bike's as well as car's. Work on them bleed on them sweet on them so I guess it is just apart of me from then on. LOL.

EV2 all the way. The car is an original desirable color.... why in the world would you want to change it, especially if you have the numbers engine, etc.?!

Its always been hard for me to get rid of my cars, I have sold many over the years but I keep them generally which is why I have a pile of them now.. LOL

Actually, I personally would change it to Plum Crazy with White stripes and interior. I always liked that color combo but haven't owned anything that color, (YET)! :D
I never wanted to get rid of any of my cars, I loved them all and they gave me such great service they deserve a nice and appreciated retirement!

Last edited:
Thanks gentlemen. Lots of fun and wisdom in the words.

Its good to hear others perspectives.

I sell everything as I have limited funds that I use to run my small business. Having so much money sitting in something I use so little that can depreciate w wear and eats insurance money eventually has to go. ....especially perfect or near perfect things. I bought this car as a no brainer for the original paint and no rust it was to have. Something I could care for and use and not worry about.

Once it showed up rusty and touched up everywhere I was in a hole. I hate rust.

I liked it to much to 'flip' it but it really needed dissasembled to fix properly.

Now it will almost surely be to nice and expensive for me to enjoy.

I've learned a lot in working on it.

If someone has an original paint car they'd want to trade for I'd listen.

I promise to post some pics of my final decision.

Thank you to everyone

Go Sassygrass. That is the best green ever. Also, your car could then be used in your local St. Patrick's Day parade even if it's not a ragtop.

So lots of differing replies here.

I am in the Hemi Orange camp. As others have said, it's the original color of the car, so it makes it more valuable to be original. That alone might not be enough reason to paint it a color if it was ugly. But Hemi orange is a very cool and sought after color, so you won't lose there either. Plus, it's nice to be able to say it's the original color at car shows.

My 70 Road Runner is an original Limelight car. I really wasn't sure about painting it green; I was considering other colors. But I chose to go original and now I am really happy I did. Bottom line is I believe if you choose orange it will grow on you even more over time since it is original to the car.

Just my $.02

20171028_165650.jpg

Mine was B5 originally. Nothing original on the the car so,....
20210319_135821.jpg
if you have numbers go original.

as mentioned before several times: If it is not a keeper I would go with the fender tag colour. Makes your chance of reselling at a certain point probably more easy and has a bigger range of buyers.

Adding to that: EV2 Hemi Orange is a high impact colour and not some earthtone which is usually a lower resale value

Carsten

I dig the Sassy. I know its a love it or hate it but it does kinda let you have interior options. Burnt Orange is a nice one to. Don't care for burnt orange guts though.

Good choice!! I love Sassy Grass & I've never been an orange guy but in this case it's the original color, you have the #s engine & you know it'll likely be looking for a new home... Both colors would sell but the green would probably not sell for as much $$

I can almost smell that fresh paint! Beautiful

Auto Transport Service
Back