• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi owners! Head torque extension tool...

HemiDave

Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
Where can I get the torque wrench extention that let's you torque the studs in the lifter galley?

Thanks.

Dave

Matco & snap on sell them.Now when you ask what to torque them to,you will get several different opinions

Hey Hemi-itis! Don't know if you remember me but we've talked at a car show years back.

Anyway, I asked a Snap On guy tonight if had something like that and he just had a specific size box end type extension. Is that what you use? I was looking for one that just had a square drive on the end so I could use any size socket.

Dave

Yeah, I saw that while doing a search. If it comes down to it, I'll build one. Just wanted to see if anyone made one.

Thanks!

Dave

I think I remember meeting you Dave,but my CRS has gotten worse.Where did we meet?? Etown,Island,Atco,LVR or Carlisle?

The snap on extension is a 12 pt closed end with a 3/8 drive.I still end up doing it with the German method,,,,,,,,,goodntite:toothy4:

Last edited:
The Wrench is called a Dog Bone. Most matco guys will be clueless. The Snapon catalogue has it. Square drive 3/8 by the type of nut your using. You will need a low twist extension from Snapon. Keep the extension to 3 inch or less.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is some good info on how to calculate the revised torque value and building the extension.
http://www.freeinfostuff.com/TorqueExtension/TorqueExtension.htm
Meep this is nice but for Hemi you need the dog bone.

Hemi-itis,

I think it was at a Musclepalooza. You brought your car on a rollback.

Thanks for the info, guys. I guess a specific size is all they make. And I guess with the ARP studs, the 12 points go in this area.

Dave

First off, sweet avatar!!! Torque calibration is a myth...... If you put the extension at a 90* angle to the torque wrench, the nut sees the exact same torque that's applied to the wrench... It has to do with opposing angles....

http://www.cncexpo.com/TorqueAdapter.aspx

If you don't have clearance for it that way, then that's a different story....

Hemi head requires a reverse attached wrench and trying to use 90 degree/ Opposing angel sounds cool. It will not fit the head arrangement. Very different then you wedge heads see.

Auto Transport Service
Back