• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Rocker Assembly

Once you pull the head take a straight edge to the entire head this is a very common issue with Hemis. Don't loose faith, carefully check the head for warp and cracks. THese oil return areas do well with a smear of Red Silicone just around hte oil return and water return. Stay with cometics or really soft Copper.

Once you pull the head take a straight edge to the entire head this is a very common issue with Hemis. Don't loose faith, carefully check the head for warp and cracks. THese oil return areas do well with a smear of Red Silicone just around hte oil return and water return. Stay with cometics or really soft Copper.
Thanks. I will give that a try. They are Stage V aluminum heads with 20 miles on them. Do I need to remove the copper o-rings and replace them, or can they be reused like the copper head gasket? My plan is a little silicon around the return holes and button it back up. Is there any easy way to adjust the rockers other than adjusting 2 every 90 degrees?

All you need is a remote starter switch. Follow this procedure and in 20 minutes you are done. Using the EO/IC method of adjusting lash is the best way to accomplish the task. EO/IC stands for exhaust opening/intake closing. When the exhaust valve starts to open, adjust the lash on that cylinder’s intake valve. Next, when the intake valve is fully open, and the rocker tip is at the bottom of its travel, turn the engine over until the valve is about 2/3 of the way closed. Stop and adjust the exhaust valve on that cylinder. Repeat on each of the remaining cylinders.

All you need is a remote starter switch. Follow this procedure and in 20 minutes you are done. Using the EO/IC method of adjusting lash is the best way to accomplish the task. EO/IC stands for exhaust opening/intake closing. When the exhaust valve starts to open, adjust the lash on that cylinder’s intake valve. Next, when the intake valve is fully open, and the rocker tip is at the bottom of its travel, turn the engine over until the valve is about 2/3 of the way closed. Stop and adjust the exhaust valve on that cylinder. Repeat on each of the remaining cylinders.
Penora thanks I am enjoying but when exhaust is open that’s over lap which in my my mind means lash is compressed on both sides tell me I’m wrong I prefer to use dial indicator how dodge used to teach at drag racing seminars

Penora thanks I am enjoying but when exhaust is open that’s over lap which in my my mind means lash is compressed on both sides tell me I’m wrong I prefer to use dial indicator how dodge used to teach at drag racing seminars
With the exhaust being open that tells me it is on the exhaust stroke. At that time the intake should be fully closed and on the base circle of the cam.
No doubt there are other techniques in adjusting valve lash. The procedure I listed was a copy and paste I found. Main concept on the valve being adjusted is that it is on the base circle of the cam. Here is a link from Comp Cams and if you read down a way it also shows their recommended technique. https://www.compcams.com/pub/media/productattach/1/4/145.pdf

Auto Transport Service
Back