hemi swap/transmission question

New Hemi Engine Swap

1. Darius

Darius FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:50 PM
    A comment on another thread I have about my swap was that is you were using the NAG1 or W5A580 transmission you HAVE to use the anti-lock brake system also or it just won't run.
    Any one done this yet? If so, was it an issue? If so, how did you solve it.....or have you???
    I have read a lot of articles about these swaps and have seen nothing about this. Most guys use different transmissions is why I guess.
    For that matter, I haven't really seen any threads about the computer codes/programming issues involving this type of swap.
    Thanks for the input

2. iraqivet01

iraqivet01 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:50 PM
    Any questions I have had, I called these guys in Mena, AR.

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/

I called them about a viper swap, and they were very helpful and sent me one of their catalogs.
    All the guys I know that are doing updated swaps swear by them.

3. racer-x

racer-x Member

Local Time:
    7:50 PM
    I'd be curious about that as well, since I won't be running wheelspeed sensors either.

I want to say there are vendors who offer re-flash services that will "turn off" wheelspeed requirements, but I haven't done too much research yet. After three years, I finally have the wrecked 5.7 donor car and the Satellite wagon in the same *building*...that's my big piece of progress for right now!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.