• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi transmission

justjim

Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
i know of a guy who claims he has a 1969 Dodge 4 speed transmission is there a way for a novice person to identify if it is ??

i know of a guy who claims he has a 1969 Dodge 4 speed transmission is there a way for a novice person to identify if it is ??
it’s supposed to be a HEMI transmission

69 should have a VIN stamped on it, and also it should have a 18 spline input shaft.

I agree with Jerry on the Vin stamp,it will tell you what car it came out of.

the guy who has it is bringing it to the Iola car show and swap meet in Iola Wisconsin on Friday July 7’th

the guy who has it is bringing it to the Iola car show and swap meet in Iola Wisconsin on Friday July 7’th
why not ask him for the vin number now so you can look it up?

why not ask him for the vin number now so you can look it up?
my neighbor said the guy is bringing it to Iola swap meet in Wisconsin, i am in the process of trying to find out who has it so i can call him

Hemi transmission was sold before i got to see it !!!

The only 18 spline I saw at Iola was a silver painted B Body one with the input shaft nose cut off and the speedo gear adapter missing. It was in a green wagon on Thursday afternoon outside of by gate 2 and be glad you didn't buy it. That tranny has been in "Swap Meet Hell" for a couple years and still had the same red tag on it from when I saw it the first time with the side cover off two years ago. The gears are shot (rust and wear) also the case was sand blasted hard before it was painted silver the main shaft threads where the speedo gear mesh are damaged from blasting. I looked but could not find the numbers that I wrote down the first time I saw it. It was 1200 the first time I saw it and 1800 last year.

swaproy.jpg

The only 18 spline I saw at Iola was a silver painted B Body one with the input shaft nose cut off and the speedo gear adapter missing. It was in a green wagon on Thursday afternoon outside of by gate 2 and be glad you didn't buy it. That tranny has been in "Swap Meet Hell" for a couple years and still had the same red tag on it from when I saw it the first time with the side cover off two years ago. The gears are shot (rust and wear) also the case was sand blasted hard before it was painted silver the main shaft threads where the speedo gear mesh are damaged from blasting. I looked but could not find the numbers that I wrote down the first time I saw it. It was 1200 the first time I saw it and 1800 last year.

View attachment 1493763
i didn’t see it but it’s JUNK if you described it as you did, i was there on Friday and never saw that many people there i live 18 miles from Iola

Auto Transport Service
Back