• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Henry rifles

I worked at a very large gun store in the mid to late 90s.

Henry rifles at that time were just kind of gimicky and looked and seemed cheap. They were very popular with banquets, as they could get them cheap and raffle them off. I held hundreds of them and was never impressed with them.

Then it seems about 2010 they really turned things around and now they are a really nice little gun. I dont know if some ownership changed or maybe they had some revenue intake and or possible engineer changes.....

Oddly enough it seemed pretty similar with the CZ line of rifles. Which now they make some really good stuff.

I worked at a very large gun store in the mid to late 90s.

Henry rifles at that time were just kind of gimicky and looked and seemed cheap. They were very popular with banquets, as they could get them cheap and raffle them off. I held hundreds of them and was never impressed with them.

Then it seems about 2010 they really turned things around and now they are a really nice little gun. I dont know if some ownership changed or maybe they had some revenue intake and or possible engineer changes.....

Oddly enough it seemed pretty similar with the CZ line of rifles. Which now they make some really good stuff.
They moved into their custom-built newest facility in NJ first of 2009, after the founder had passed in 2007.
Might have something to do with your chronology.

Last edited:
Sturm Ruger/Marlin makes some nice Lever Action Rifles
(.38spec./.357mag & .44mag or 30-30 .45-70 others, in the classic Marlins,
prior to Ruger ownership)
1894 .44spec./.44mag
& #336 30-30 Winn. in the modern Marlin, Classic Series
made by Ruger/Marlin, Made in the USA, North Carolina
both below $1239

1894 in .44spec./.44mag 10+1
Gun Ruger Marlin 1894 .44 spec -.44 mag Lever Action Rifle la_RM1894 $1239.png

mod. 336 in .30-30 6+1
gun Ruger Marlin mod. 336 .30-30 6+1 Lever action Rifle la_336Classic $1239.png

they have quite a few rifles in other calibers too check their main Rifle page
Marlins are an offshoot, in their line up
most all I've read they had great reviews too

I want stainless steel a 'Trapper .45-70'

I had one a long time ago, sold a long time ago now
the .44 mag (classic Marlin) 'blue version' walnut stocks
when I lived in Palmer/Anchorage Alaska
bear gun, same rounds as my carry pistol, when hiking or going off trail
not the greatest hunter for longer shots, but will get the job done
especially closer ranges/close quarters to about 150 yards, shorter barrels,
good for carrying/hiking or while climbing through the willows
beit protection from predators or Moose wolf or bear etc.
dispatch coyotes well too

Last edited:
I have their Big Boy X Model in 38 spcl/.357 with the black polymer stock. Great gun, it's smooth, accurate and pretty tough. I use it as a behind the pickup seat, on the river, take anywhere gun. And it's the same caliper as my stainless GP100 Ruger pistol.

Auto Transport Service
Back