• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Henry rifles

I love traditional stuff. My Golden Boy fits the bill. Ditto all the stuff everybody else had said.

I have a Henry 22 lever action. It handles and shoots good but I’m rather disappointed in the quality. The receiver is not a solid piece but has tin covers that screw on.
I wanted their Long Ranger in 308 and was excited when the local shop got one in. I rushed over to get it and once I held it was disappointed once again. The action was rough and it just felt poorly made. As a life long lever action nut I really wanted to like them, but I’ll pass.

I've been eyeing the Henry .410 AXE lever action.
Interesting you tube videos .

does any body have any Iver Johnson guns pictures please . I WORKED FOR THEM BACK IN THE 70S

My friends like their Henry rifles, but they like their Glocks too.:poke::rolleyes:

I've been considering getting two for my family, but the model I was looking at was out of stock everywhere.

I have a Browning BLR81; not the takedown. Browning makes nice stuff!

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of a Henry rifle until the movie 'Silverado'.

Danny Glover: “Mister, you ever seen what a Henry rifle can do in the hands of somebody who knows how to use it?”

Silverado.jpg

I ran a chain of guns stores in So. Cal in the 80's and had many customers brag about having a safe full of "unfired" firearms. I would tell them to go shoot them, that is what they were made for, otherwise they were just keeping them in perfect condition for places like mine that would buy the guns from their wives ( who just want those damn things out of MY house) after they die. Like restoring a car and then keeping it in the garage. Unless it is truly unique, gold inlaid etc... enjoy it. A few scratches add character and as long as you do proper maintenance it will last forever and the next generation( depending on the Demonrats) can continue to enjoy them. Vote Conservative and keep our country American and free.

Love my dad's .17hmr Golden Boy. Their customer service is the best-bar none!

Got one and it is a Damn fine shooting instrument. I have a Tarus Judge that shoots the 45 LC so I went with that in the Henry because I just do not want all kinds of ammo. Great to shoot and accurate as all get out. The original Henry's were made during the Civil War and a small contingent of Union Soldiers carried them both on horse back and as snipers. I traded a Winchester Commemorative lever action, never fired 30.30 as I just didn't like the actions tightness. The Henry was so much better...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

I ran a chain of guns stores in So. Cal in the 80's and had many customers brag about having a safe full of "unfired" firearms. I would tell them to go shoot them, that is what they were made for, otherwise they were just keeping them in perfect condition for places like mine that would buy the guns from their wives ( who just want those damn things out of MY house) after they die. Like restoring a car and then keeping it in the garage. Unless it is truly unique, gold inlaid etc... enjoy it. A few scratches add character and as long as you do proper maintenance it will last forever and the next generation( depending on the Demonrats) can continue to enjoy them. Vote Conservative and keep our country American and free.
As I told my kids- wear from use is a good thing, it shows I didn’t waste my money. Wear from abuse,... not a good thing.

If its a big knife take a bigger gun........
Cliffscannon.jpg

That's a dam purdy Ruger!
I likes my Rugers...mmm hmm.

Ruger's are very well made weapons and they stand behind their products, I am looking forward to see what they do with Marlin

Ruger's are very well made weapons and they stand behind their products, I am looking forward to see what they do with Marlin
As am I. I want a Ruglin lever rifle but will wait to see how they are.
We must be patient...
They say Ruglins wont come out until late 2021 which tells me they are making things right.
The proof will be in the pudding.

As am I. I want a Ruglin lever rifle but will wait to see how they are.
We must be patient...
They say Ruglins wont come out until late 2021 which tells me they are making things right.
The proof will be in the pudding.

When Remington bought Marlin their quality took a nose dive, hopefully Ruger will make it right again.

Speaking of Ruger, Marlin and Remington, the Remington facility used to be the Chrysler electronics plant.

Auto Transport Service
Back