• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here is a case where he should have stopped at the front end...

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
I don't mind some creative renditions when they flow evenly. This IMO looks half decent with the mods to the front end. That being said HOLY **** did he lose that look when he did the back end...

_nc_ohc=wgNPZ0NZuPwAX_Uwd5u&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=oFbl_Oy4NSMAX9k9Sfe&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

Proof the 71-4's are just fine standing on their own.

I know most will disagree with me. However, that is one of my least favorite things about a 68 is the round tail/side marker lights. Better in 69'. Nailed it in 70. Side markers actually worked again. With that said, I have actually owned more 68's over the years than 69 or 70's though. All 3 are timeless.

I looked at it today and wondered why? Really not well executed at all.

As has been said already, I am all for creativity, personal tastes, etc. however since we are voicing opinions I would say that the work in and of itself doesn't look horrible however pictures never tell the whole truth. As to the choice of front and back ends go, I do agree that the front looks much better than the rear and maybe if the builder had used the 69 or better yet the 70 rear it might not be "as" bad.

All this being said, I usually say buy the car you want instead of trying to make something it isn't. IMO this is basically ruining 2 cars (or more), however my name is not on the title to any of them so good on them. I have no doubt that it will show up at one of the auctions and be touted as some "unique" and "special" custom, and maybe it is but based on these pictures I am not feeling it.

I know most will disagree with me. However, that is one of my least favorite things about a 68 is the round tail/side marker lights. Better in 69'. Nailed it in 70. Side markers actually worked again. With that said, I have actually owned more 68's over the years than 69 or 70's though. All 3 are timeless.
Ironically enough whether it's at a local show or Carlisle, one of the top comments I get is "I like the round taillights". I like all 3 years, I just had a thing for the 68's since I could ride a bike and saw them on the streets in the 70's.

I will just say that the 2nd gen and 3rd gen Charger each stand alone for their styling. As for blending them together that’s really hard. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

He gets an F

No likey. I like both the 2nd and 3rd gens, but in my opinion, leave them stand on their original design. Blending them doesn't work for me. Heck, let's just put the fins from a 58 Fury onto a Volare'.

IF you have to graft 2G parts onto a 3G Charger...I'd use the hoop '70 front bumper, which would carry into that hoop rear bumper...and use '70 taillights.

And put the fuel filler behind the license plate. I love the flip-top...but in the right place!

71 hideaways look better than anything else you could possibly install on that body style. I won't even discuss the Corvette tail lights.

There's a reason only the best of the best get to be transportation designers. Most come out of the Art Center of Design in Pasadena. Good luck getting accepted into that school, then I hear you spend ALL of your time there in the studio. Then if you are in the top 2% you might get a job designing cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back