• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's something you don't see everyday

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
a hot rod and tear drop posing with a tornado
5y3535.jpg

yuioyui.jpg

I had a small tornado, slightly wider than that but not nearly as dark, collide with my 93 Dakota around 1999.

Was a very interesting experience.

Lodged small sticks in the weather stripping and tire sidewalls, tried to tip the truck over and tried to suck all the loose contents of the interior out the slightly cracked windows (had vent shades).

I saw it coming across a field of boat hulls at a boat repair shop, and it was picking them up and swirling them about 30 ft away.

Did some quick geometry and calculated we were gong to be in the same spot at the same time.

Almost exactly the same width as my truck was long- 17 ft

I bet the girl I was on a date with has never had another evening like that!

seems a bit risky (foolish) to me...

albeit interesting to see...

& some people are scared (deathly afraid) of earthquakes :carrot:

I was thinking oh no, it's gonna' get thrashed,
I don't want to see that, but still watched,
then it ended :poke:

The way my local Lowes is constructed, there's a 90 degree, 50 ft tall corner in a favorable orientation to the prevailing winds at certain times of the year.

I've seen over a dozen fairly sizable dust devils in that corner.

I've never seen a place where they happen with any degree of predictability like that.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does that pic look like a diorama with a model car?

some people are scared (deathly afraid) of earthquakes :carrot:

I was thinking oh no, it's gonna' get thrashed,
I don't want to see that, but still watched,
then it ended :poke:
My cousin had her wedding in tornado-alley, south-central Kansas. My sister & her husband from the City of San José was in attendance. Earthquakes, no matter the magnitude on the richter scale, are no big deal to my sister & husband because the City of San José has earthquakes as often as a Kansas rain storm.

The day before my cousin's wedding we experienced a tornado 'take cover' warning. My brother-in-law, a large 'afraid of no man' San Francisco cop, went into FULL, hyperventilating, scared-shitless, panic-mode! I thought he was just being funny, but he wasn't.

Just look at what happened in Alabama yesterday if anyone thinks they’re pretty. Pretty dangerous I’d say.....

Auto Transport Service
Back