• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hernia surgery done.

Good that surgery went well. Heal up over the holidays and you'll be as good as new.

Ah yes, hiatal hernia. My dad had both sides at one time or another - ironically, later in life
than I did (I had mine on the left side when I was a teen, but didn't get it fixed until 28 -
and only after it went strangulated, which you DON'T WANT).
Mine was done in 1989; his was more recently and the difference was, they didn't use mesh
on me - they used dozens of stitches and pulled my diaphragm across, stitching it up to repair
things.
I couldn't stand upright for a month, easy. God-awful painful and that was when I started driving
my 5.0 without using the clutch. :)

When it was Pop's turn, they used mesh - and the sumbeech walked out the hospital the same day!
I was happy for him, to say the least - but jealous as hell, too. :lol:

Glad to hear you're doing well with it, my friend. To your quick recovery!

Wow!! I just had same procedure. They said it was the worst hernia they've seen in a healthy guy my age. They keep saying I'll be out of work for a minimum of 10 weeks. Its been three weeks and I'm going nuts!!

Glad to here went well.
I'm going in this morning for consultation
with surgeon.Miine is in my groin,had it for about
3 weeks.
Might have to wait for surgery because of Covid
concerns at hospitals.

Glad to here went well.
3 weeks.
concerns at hospitals.
Yep, that's the dangerous one. If it goes strangulated....well, don't let it get that far, ok?

Wow!! I just had same procedure. They said it was the worst hernia they've seen in a healthy guy my age. They keep saying I'll be out of work for a minimum of 10 weeks. Its been three weeks and I'm going nuts!!
Glad you got fixed Jesse, sounds like it was time for sure. I'm only 62 so I hope I bounce back pretty fast.
I wont rush it though and will follow what the doc says. Dont wish to have a repeat

Yep, that's the dangerous one. If it goes strangulated....well, don't let it get that far, ok?
That's were mine were Ed, both in the groin.
I forgot to post location lol.
They originally thought just mesh for one, but after they got in they did mesh on both sides.
Looking things over this am it appears the hospitals tape vendor was present during the grand finally. They prob had to order more in. :lol:

Glad to here went well.
3 weeks.
concerns at hospitals.
Good luck John, hope you get in.
I had mine done at our county hospital so was able to get in.

That's were mine were Ed, both in the groin.
I forgot to post location lol.
They originally thought just mesh for one, but after they got in they did mesh on both sides.
Looking things over this am it appears the hospitals tape vendor was present during the grand finally. They prob had to order more in. :lol:
Aye, the hiatal sort.... hits you right where you live.

I had my done 4 years ago ,And I also feel the mesh.​
Lord, mine was 30 years ago and I can still feel the scar tissue and the 60+ stitches....
not to mention, the rearranged plumbing. :)

Little late but here but Sounds like it went well! Here’s to a Fast recovery!

Get well soon. I had One done with mesh about 25 years ago. Do as they say and it will be fine. Good luck.

Glad it went good for you. The first few days are the worst as far as getting up and laying down.

Glad you came through okay. Surgery can be scary.

Glad to hear it went well. Good to have the surgery part behind you, I'm sure!

Glad you came through okay. Surgery can be scary.
Amen.
May none of you ever reach the point where it almost becomes routine... hell, at this point, they ought to
install quick-connects on me to make things go easier next time. :)

Crips! Sounds like this is a foregone conclusion to getting old as a man. Hope that I can escape this fate. Glad everyone is healed, and or healing. Hopefully having been in the military right up until age 57, in combat at age 51, and doing the physical work and constant exercise routine, my bod is in good enough shape to hang together during my declining years. lol. I throw around hundreds of bales of hay, keep 600 lb donkeys from running me down, all of the farm work, wrenching and I still exercise regularly. Jeez, hope I can avoid this...that sound like it sucks.

Auto Transport Service
Back