• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Detroit members... WTH is this about?

"Our world" is not Detroit, or Chicago, or Baltimore, or SF, or any of these other urban-decay hellholes.

Pointedly avoiding any political commentary, considering the forum....

They drove all the good cops out of law enforcement, now the criminals are the cops! Car jackings are up 58 percent in NYC! The mayor wants everyone to put Apple air tags in their cars so they can be tracked!

They drove all the good cops out of law enforcement, now the criminals are the cops! Car jackings are up 58 percent in NYC! The mayor wants everyone to put Apple air tags in their cars so they can be tracked!
I was fighting the demons driving this process back in the mid 90s, in the trucking business. Technological advances had produced engine computers and gps tracking. Demographic changes were reducing the pool of available drivers. The CEO, an ivy league educated moron, wanted to go all in with technology to monitor driver behavior.

My immediate boss, the chief operating officer, and I fought him. In cab monitoring was a major turn-off for the professionals we wanted in our trucks, and our view was that the quality of our drivers was more critical to safety performance than the amount of information we had on them. Eventually, the CEO got his way, profitability plummeted, and the safety record went south. Most of our best drivers left.

I left the company in the wake of this, as did my immediate boss. The company survived as a shadow of its former self, after bankruptcy. I wouldn't trust the current drivers with a wheel barrow. I've watched all the big carriers travel this road in the last two decades, while crying the blues about not being able to find drivers. I drove my own truck for the next two decades, didn't have to worry about hiring. And I ran over a million accident free miles without in cab monitoring.

Last edited:
5 bucks says sex was involved.

Maybe destroying the evidence.

Definitely more to this story!

Frigged up for sure! Glad they’re getting prosecuted!

"Our world" is not Detroit, or Chicago, or Baltimore, or SF, or any of these other urban-decay hellholes.

:thankyou: well said,

"Our World", IT's ALSO NOT
any of the crime-ridden 31 major or larger INNER-SHITTYs
likes of St.Loius KC Kenosha Charlette Minn./St Paul Milwaukee
ATL NYC Portland Seattle Denver Reno LA Oakland Albuquerque
Austin Dallas/Ft. Worth Houston NOLA Philly & much of the NE :blah:

exactly :thumbsup:
guess who runs them all ?
guess who lives there ?
to not get political, that's rhetorical statement/s, we all know
no need to answer

Last edited:
This is the result when you hire garbage nowadays.
Not just that, these kids were only 21. I use the term kids lightly as they're not even dry behind the ear's adults yet, they have no real-life experience! They look like they were brought up in fairly "well to do" households and probably thought they could get away with it being so young.

As much as I want to agree with you, the trickle down will eventually make it to the other parts of the US

The cockroaches have already spread out to nice suburban areas around NYC.
They're being spread like grass seed - Adams is busing them out of the "overwhelmed" city to the 'burbs.

That doesn't mean we need to allow it, nor welcome them. Of course, when good people stand idle....

They're being spread like grass seed - Adams is busing them out of the "overwhelmed" city to the 'burbs.

That doesn't mean we need to allow it, nor welcome them. Of course, when good people stand idle....
Not even that. I moved out of NYC many years ago to enjoy a quiet clean suburban family life. Slowly, but even more so in recent years, the encroachment of the scum has become evident. It's not the same place here as it was 35- years ago.

I live in the coastal part of the OC in SoCal. I think many would agree a fair amount of SoCal is a sewer populated by “sewer dwellers”. However if you knew anything about OC you would know it to be a beautiful high rent oasis with a clean economy and very conservative - a strawberry in the middle of a blueberry field - that is up until the creep and crawl thru the sewers of LA down to our Oasis Over the past 10 yrs and even more so the last 3/4. The infection is deepening. I’ve never seen as much crime in the last 30+ than in the last 3+. Property crimes are unbelievable and basically go untouched by the “police”. Daytime, nighttime doesn’t matter. These freaks are so brazen they don’t care because no cops are going to come and if they did the ”penalties“ are nonexistent anyway. They seem to still be pursuing violent crime but the point there is there‘s much more of it than before. I know CA is a lost cause - and I dearly wish I could leave. The short story is my wife (a 20 year immigrant) does not want to leave her elderly mother and older sister who are both deeply tied to their communities here. I totally get it - but have stuck it out since I retired 13 yrs ago and want to live the rest out in a normal conservative area. Why do I have to suffer the rest of my life? I’ve already paid a heavy price for being here as long as I have. My first marriage ended in divorce in part because of the same thing - only that time we were much younger and I just told her this is the way it is - I have to start a career somewhere and that’s going to be here (Colorado at the time). She left and I just let her go - a lot more to the story but a huge blessing all told. Then the corporate move to CA - a 2 yr plan is now going on its 34th yr. I want out and don’t know how to get out. My wife is an incredibly beautiful soul and soulmate - I would never force her to move ……. But I feel trapped. Blathered on long enough - anyone the a brilliant idea, I’m all ears….

This isn't happening just in the inner cities, but throughout the country. The cops have become the thugs. It's nothing new, cops were always on the take in one way or another, they would rough up a guy to force them to give the "right answer" but nowadays the cops are worse than the street gangs and they do it under the color of law. And they do it openly.

Auto Transport Service
Back