• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Members that were in the Nipawin Saskatchewan area in the 60’s

Tman100

Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
Hey all members. I am looking for some members who perhaps were around the Nipawin Saskatchewan area in the mid to late 60’s. As my dad bought a new Charger from that Dodge dealer in Jan ‘68 wondering if anyone would have info or pictures or anything from that time area from there. Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures from what it looked like then. If you have info or pictures or stories from that area please post. This is the car now. Other then wheels and the rear end higher then stock looks the same.

IMG_3995.jpeg

My parents bought a brand new Charger R/T SE in 1970! It was really cool growing up with a Charger as the family car!

moms Charger.jpg

My parents bought a brand new Charger R/T SE in 1970! It was really cool growing up with a Charger as the family car!

View attachment 1525982
I would think so. Having a charger as a family car would be Fantastic. My 3 daughters have my car as a family car … kind of. A couple times a month we go for ice cream or a bite to eat and take the car. The middle daughter is 6 now and she always asks to do burnouts. Lol. My 1 year old giggles when we accelerate reasonably hard.
So good times with my family in the car.

Talk to the people at the dealership if there is one. Try for information from the town. Ask if there any one that remembers the car.
Check the Saskatchewan Mopar site and ask.
You can pm me and I will try to help.

Talk to the people at the dealership if there is one. Try for information from the town. Ask if there any one that remembers the car.
Check the Saskatchewan Mopar site and ask.
You can pm me and I will try to help.
I was at the dealership a few times over 20 years ago hoping that someone would know something or know who I could talk to. Some of the people there gave me a few names but since it had switched owners a couple times and the info I received never materialized into anything. Allot like the local mopar dealership around here. Most of the people employed there don’t even know what the name of the dealership was 20 years ago. And when I told the guy I had a ‘68 charger he said too bad. Would be better if I had a challenger cause then I’d At least have a 2 door. ‍….. (what?)

Shows how much they’re into history of the dealership.
I was just holding someone may have a story or know something. I haven’t been back up that way since my uncle passed about 5 years ago.

How long has the car been gone from there?
Dad bought the car in Jan of ‘68.
He then went to Saskatoon to university and was back on and off over the next 4 years. The car never lived in Nipawin he lived 30 miles NW of Nipawin.
After 4 years of Saskatoon he moved to Dugald MB to live with his uncle. He attended university of Manitoba.
After he graduated he moved to Morden MB where he currently lives. After 1 week. In Morden he bought a new ‘76 GMC which I still have. The Charger had almost 150,000 miles as he often went back home to see his family. The car got parked on the farm in Dugald until ‘79 when he sold it to his cousin for $1. His cousin only drove the car for 1 year. He crashed it once and had a butcher job repair and then blew the engine and then parked the car.
The deal was dad got the car back after he was done with it. So I got the car back in Oct 2000 and dad gave his cousin the same $1 bill he had got 21 years earlier.
I don’t expect any stories of the car.. I have those from friends and family. Just was wanting to know about the dealership back in the 60’s. Dad originally was planning on 67 Charger but didn’t have the money until the new models came out. When they first came out and he saw the car he bought he didn’t really like it at first. So he ordered a dark blue ‘68 coronet R/T.
Chrysler had a strike so his coronet wasn’t coming and the ‘59 Galaxie he was driving at the time was giving issues as it was beat. So he went in to inquire on a timeline. They couldn’t establish one so they talked Dad into the Charger they had in the showroom. He bought it that Saturday and literally got to drive it out of the showroom. The building that used to be the show room is still there but is now used as a storage facility. We driving past several times over the years and I’ve had it described to me and that paints a reasonable picture.
So I’m not so much after who knew of the car as yes it got miles but they were allot of highway (one of the reasons the 2.76 gear ratio was appealing).
I was more looking for pictures or stories of the dealership in general. Thought if I could hear someone else’s story or someone had a pic I could show dad for nostalgia reasons and maybe prompt another memory for him. He’ll be 82 in a couple months and I know my time with him is limited. I cherish my time with him and the cars.
I grew up in Morden and was privileged that dad and I would often visit the dealerships locally. I got to sit in new cars and talk to the owners. They would tell me stories and show me pictures of what the dealership used to be. Tell me
Stores of cars the trucks that got sold and things like that.

Auto Transport Service
Back