Hey everyone, Mopar newbie from portland

Welcome Wagon

1. goose69

goose69 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:00 PM
    I'm not sure on the paint, but have a buddy that does autobody and restoration work and can ask if really interested.
    Most likely you already have 906 heads unless someone changed them and they flow fine. The 452s will flow the same but have the factory hardened seats already. We've built many strong motors with both of those heads. But to compare, the aluminum heads will flow better and you can run higher compression.
    I'd think for a bit & come up with an idea and plan of how you want the car to perform and let us know. There's a wealth of knowledge here that can help you get there. It might not even require purchasing as much as you initially believed.

2. wannadrag

wannadrag Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:00 PM
    Cool

3. greenmachine

greenmachine Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    body work

goose69

Down the road i wouldn't mind that friend of yours takin a look at my coronet in person to give me a quote on a paint job. so far around here i have been told 12-14k even with relatively straight body, and the painters not even seeing the car. I cant afford that. I was in the 4-5 category. Not looking for a show car paint job, just wana make the two tone green go away. I have no problem doing the grunt work to hand sand, then have media blasted for the hard to reach parts. Like most on here doing a muscle car on a budget.

4. greenmachine

greenmachine Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    paint

goose69

oh, and after research, I think I wana do a base coat/clear coat job on this car. I think that blue would look great.

5. goose69

goose69 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I don't blame you with wanting to go base/clear, especially with a metallic, I would. Can't wait to see that with a silver stripe.

6. Ma Snart

Ma Snart Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:00 PM
    Welcome to FBBO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and great information!

Ma Snart

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.