• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEY EVERYONE. new to the forum

Mopar318guy

Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
my names Pete and im 17 workin on a 73 Dart Sport a 72 Charger SE. the Dart is my baby. i love Dodges and Plymouths. you may find me informal on some things. others not so much. i am on FABO thats how i heard about this'n here. i been growin up with cars all my life and it started off as a project but ive fallen in love with my Dart. lol had it since last june. has a 318 sb .030 bore. mopar performance purple cam. hedman headers stock heads. the guy who built it says around 300hp. but well see. the chargers a bit rough but if your interested in a project it IS for sale. 72 Se 440. trans is fried. no shift linkage. (put the slap stick in my Dart) has a dana 60 i think. its either a dana or a 9 1/4. im not a pro on identifying rears. has Cragar Keystone Classics on all 4 and has BRAND NEW 15 by 8 Cragar SS's for the rear wrapped in 255/60/15s and the 14 by 7s for the front wrapped in 225/70/14s/ brand new tires. less then 20 miles on the tires. torsion bar went thru the floor. needs 1/4s needs metal work under the hood by the hinges. air ride suspension. you can jack it way high or set it low for a demonic sorta apearence. it sits like a lowrider cuz the air is out of the system just for fun and the torsion bar and front drivers frame needs replaced. both front floor pans are bad. was a factory 400 car. column shift. had bucket seats torn up BAD. and a black bench in the back. all black interior. car was petty blue with a black half vinyl top. not the full top to the back glass. would be VERY slick fixed up nice. but im dumpin all my money in the Dart and the rims and tires a 1200 bucks easily. 2500 for the car. again send me a message and ill email you pictures if your interested. the car MUST go. it sat in the woods since late 90s so its kinda scruffy. not as bad as my Dart was. someone INQUIRE!!

thanks im workin on it. hard to sell stuff with prices being the way they are. the only people crazy enough to buy cars like these with 440s and 383s and 340s are true car fanatics who dont care about gas. i got a 318 in my Dart with a 7 1/4 rear with 2.76 gears. im thinkin maybe 24 or so highway mpg. and i met a guy today with a 8 1/4 with 3.23s for 120 bucks. probly take the mpg to 20 or so. if i had a 4 speed with over drive id get 4.10 gears for it but itll tear up my motor as a 3 speed. also probly gettin a go wing spoiler and dual hood scoops off him. and sorry if i all the sudden talk about random stuff. it helps me set it in my mind what i got planned out.

yea i noticed that after this video was shot, took a valve cover off had 2 bent pushrods in the 3rd cyl back on driver side. runnin on 7 cylinders. a 384. i was gonna stroke my 318 to a 384. coincidence??? i think not.

Good to see another generation getting involved in good ol RWD Mopar Muscle! Keep it up and if you have any questions ask away and everyone will be more than willing to answer if they have the answers, or we will point you to who might have the answers you are looking for. This is a great place and a great forum.

Good to see another generation getting involved in good ol RWD Mopar Muscle! Keep it up and if you have any questions ask away and everyone will be more than willing to answer if they have the answers, or we will point you to who might have the answers you are looking for. This is a great place and a great forum.
hell yea dude. id have it no other way. and i get the jist of the site. i been on FABO for a long time. i just heard about this one recently. my daily driver is afwd and it SUCKS!!! i want something i can get sideways in when bangin gears. imports suck. and so does all this new crap coming out. id buy a new Challenger. and if they retro fitted the Charger like they did the Challenger theyd have one hell of a frenzy. people would go crazy. and i know they can do it i just dont know why they havnt. actin like a bunch of women. sheesh

hey good luck with your stuff and welcome. Im 25. I got a 68 Charger. New challenger New 4 door with "charger" badges slapped on etc... not for me. If your gonna pay the price of 1 of them, u mayswell get a nissan skyline. It is also new and will smoke a new challenger and out handle it like there is no tommorow. Both are new so no point getting a new challenger.

Stick with the old stuff, thats what defines a Muscle looking car.

im gonna stick with the old stuff. not only are the cars better. they look sexier. there faster. and there LOUD!! plus i hate wiring and with my Dart its minimal to the engine. i tried to wire an 89 S10. it was my daily drive til the 2.5 blew up. swapped a new one in. effed up on the wiring someplace. 12 volts from the coil. no spark. damn computers

Auto Transport Service
Back