• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey guys

rww124

Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys, just joined this Forum so please be patient with me until I learn all the ropes and how to navigate the site.

DSCN3594.JPG

Welcome from Illinois!! Take as much time as you need. Nice Bee there!

SWEET car! Welcome. Location R2M1E4? What planet in what galaxy you from? No need to answer, I don't want people to know what planet I'm on either, lol.

SWEET car! Welcome. Location R2M1E4? What planet in what galaxy you from? No need to answer, I don't want people to know what planet I'm on either, lol.
All ya gotta do is tap that postal code and it'll show you. Probably closer to his house than he'd like!!

All ya gotta do is tap that postal code and it'll show you. Probably closer to his house than he'd like!!
Funny encounter when I spent six-weeks in NYC for a new job training stint in the late ‘70’s. Local guy asked me where I was from. Said Wisconsin – he had the look of confusion saying is that out near California? Lol, replied yeah, it’s in that direction from here…somewhat.

Haha, I get the same confused look when I’m in California in March. I’m the only guy in shorts and t shirt so I’m the northerner and I must be from Wisconsin. Yeah, that general direction.

Probably just about time to put that away in Winterpeg!

Welcome aboard....
Yea, it's getting colder and colder every day. I was wanting to ask how one creates a new thread as well as ask a question about what newer Mopar mini starter will fit my 69 B. I have read many comments that a 1993 Dodge Dakota starter for a 318 (5.2 L) starter will fit with TTI step headers. I bought one and when my cousin installed the starter the header would not go back on because the starter was out too far. I read on another Forum that there is even a smaller starter for a 2005 to 2008 Ram 5.7 standard transmission however no further comments were made from anybody who installed one on a 440 with TTI headers and that includes the person who brought up the 2005 to 2008 starter. I am trying to find out an alternate starter application without having to buy an expensive aftermarket mini starter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you go to the home page or what’s new, you’ll see ‘Post Thread’ on the right side orange box. Create a title and text below. You have several forum catagories to select from.

I’ve used the mini starter from 440Source.
One on a 440 with 2” Hooker headers and one on a hemi with 2 1/8” TTI. Both fit but snug.

Had to install a mini when putting TTI’s on my ’63. Was told a mopar min-van starter was all that’s needed. Found tons of them on flea-bay for cheap getting one and been in since. This was a few years back, so memory is not stellar..

One on a 440 with 2” Hooker headers and one on a hemi with 2 1/8” TTI. Both fit but snug.
I just got a text from my cousin after he got back from a local parts store and he told me a 5.7 Hemi starter is 2 inches shorter than the Dakota starter however not sure how the gears will mesh when you engage the starter. He didn't mention if the 5.7 Hemi starter was also smaller in diameter as that was his initial problem of the Dakota starter sticking out too far and he couldn't get the header back on. I am hoping this 5.7 Hemi starter is high torque in addition to being smaller.

I just got a text from my cousin after he got back from a local parts store and he told me a 5.7 Hemi starter is 2 inches shorter than the Dakota starter however not sure how the gears will mesh when you engage the starter. He didn't mention if the 5.7 Hemi starter was also smaller in diameter as that was his initial problem of the Dakota starter sticking out too far and he couldn't get the header back on. I am hoping this 5.7 Hemi starter is high torque in addition to being smaller.

If you go to the home page or what’s new, you’ll see ‘Post Thread’ on the right side orange box. Create a title and text below. You have several forum catagories to select from.
Went to what's new and can't see anything that says Post Thread

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. Shorts and tee shirts daily. Sometimes wear a sweatshirt too.

IMG_3667.jpeg

Went to what's new and can't see anything that says Post Thread
What's new screen shot - see the Post Thread on the right in the orange box?

1695772161392.png

1695772036872.png

Auto Transport Service
Back