• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey new here, Have some Chrysler 318 problems and hoping for some input.

Hheywire

Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for having me here, well I have a Jasper 318 bored 30 over with edelbrock performer intake and a quickfuel 600cfm carb. I just put it in the shop a few days ago to have a streetable cam put in, I called them today and they said they got it crank for the first time after the cam and now it has a loud knock kind of like a bad con rod. Has me a little worried because the motor is fairly new with only about 20,000 miles or so on it and was not knocking at all and ran smoothly when I dropped it off. My worries are can they charge me for more parts and labor if things go south or is it on them to replace whatever was fine and isn't after it was in their hands.

Thanks
Heyward

Last edited:
Welcome to the group.

What do they say when you t didn't make noise before?

Sorry to hear you may have a problem but then maybe they will do right and get it straightened out.. I hope so.

Ron

Hey thanks, looking forward to being a contributing member here! Ron of Chicago when I talked to them about it they agreed with me that it wasn't making any strange noises prior to putting it in the shop. The owner says they're all freaking out about it and can't figure it out, of course it's only been running for a few hours before closing time so they haven't really been able to pin point it yet. Hoping to hear what they say tomorrow.

welcome to FBBO

Welcome to the land of all seeing and knowing Mopar owners.

I dont know know what the shop would do - they may offer to spring for the labor and you pay for the parts. Something must have been ready to go.

Thanks. Well I couldn't imagine the engine had anything wrong with it, it only has about 20,000 miles on it. Also the shop told me they checked the connecting rods and they were all tight, He also said they checked the push rods, rocks and they were tight too. The owner says they've been working hard trying to figure out what it is and still haven't yet. It was supposed to be done yesterday and now I have no clue when that will be.

Welcome to the site! Sorry to hear about your problems. Hopefully it will get resolved quickly!

Auto Transport Service
Back