• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Team!

win32exe

Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
Hey Team, just signed up, lots of good info here, thank you all for that!

i have 1967 Belvedere II coupe, chalkboard edition, the guy i bought it from swapped out the console to digital, pulled his race engine out and put in a 360, its in decent shape, a daily driver around town, here where it gets interesting....

i could never get it lined up properly, I've had it about 3-4 years, always pulled to the left, so i decided to buy my own alignment kit and do it myself.

so far i found a bent strut rod on the drivers side and the driver side caliper is dragging and it seems like the spindle or caliper bracket is bent, the brake pads wear unevenly, see pic.
thumbnail_image0.jpg

tire is wearing unevenly of course, tow was out. i corrected that with my tow plates

so my questions are:
what does a bent strut rod do? could it be responsible for the uneven brake pads? i don't think so but need confirmation.

Are the uneven brake pad wear always a bent spindle or caliper bracket? i think so but need confirmation. i already swapped out the caliper once thinking it was binding, got the same results of uneven wear of pads.

Where to buy strut rods, seems only the adjustable ones are available, any suggestions? what is the official length of a 67 strut rod, incase i buy the adjustable ones.

Where to buy spindles\ caliper brackets for 67 Belvedere II with the disk swap already done.

Any other suggestions to check the lower control arm? is it just a visual inspection?

any other info relevant?

Thank you all

yes i said chalk board edition ...

thumbnail_image0 2.jpg

thumbnail_image4.jpg

Welcome from CT. You put the hook in how about more pictures.:lol:Looks like a wiring diagram paint job. Bent strut rod will pull lower control arm forward, bad. Put a want ad for one. Start a thread about other issues Classic Mopar Tech section.

"Chalkboard Edition"
:rofl:

Man, you gotta love this place lol.

What a different look for a B-body. Nickname suggestion "Crayola Cruiser" sound like a fit?

Greetings sir! And welcome to FBBO from western NY!

Welcome from the left coast where its currently 58*, overcast, waiting for the next bout of rain.

what does a bent strut rod do? could it be responsible for the uneven brake pads?
Welcome to FBBO from New Zealand.

As far as a bent strut rod goes, depending on bad the bend is.....it shouldn't affect the brakes wearing unevenly that I am aware of. If the bend is severe, it might affect the alignment. But I have seen worse - where a guy shortened a strut rod by 3/4" to get it to fit on a car with a bent front chassis. That is bad, and that will cause all sorts of issues.

Welcome from Alabama, interesting paint job, but 67 are tops with me.

flux capacitor bent the spindle! that's great art work!
I'd drive the wheels off and apparently someone has been!

Looks like 2 different cars in pics. Both driver's side with different graphics.

You need to know what brakes were swapped on to the car.

Slight bends in strut rods look and make you feel worse than they are.

Put up a WTB ad, and I'm sure someone here has a parts car.

Dragging brakes will definitely cause a pull. Fix that first.

Welcome from Missouri!! I don't know what to say!

Thanks all!! yes its sidewalk chalk and washes away with rain or the morning dew, so it gets new graphics all the time, the local people love to see what's next.

i am pulling it all apart today, pics will follow. if i remember correctly the guy i bought it from said the brakes came from a 71 satellite donor car, not positive tho

i intend to replace the strut rod, spindle and caliper bracket.

and whatever else is needed like ball joints, bushings etc.

thanks again for your input!!

happy new year!!

Another welcome from New Zealand.

Love the Chalkboard Edition. Very eye-catching.

Auto Transport Service
Back