• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi Everyone New Guy Mark

I'm one of the baby boomers. Turning 67 next month. Live in Solon Oh. Just retired this past January. Woke up this morning and was pretty happy about retiring. Still can't believe it. What a relief knowing I'm going to make it. Was the manager and foreman for a Decorative Concrete Business. My handle is Hemiss64. Own a 64 Dodge SS crossram race hemi with true RAM AIR. Moved the rear axle forward to represent the first altered wheel base. In 2002 I started to take it apart and restored it to showroom condition. Still find it hard to believe I painstakenly spent 4 1/2 years and built a car that took 1st Place at Autorama at our IX center in 2006.

View attachment 579360 View attachment 579361 View attachment 579362 View attachment 579363 View attachment 579364

Welcome to the group from one hemi guy to another.
Nice looking ride!

I'm one of the baby boomers. Turning 67 next month. Live in Solon Oh. Just retired this past January. Woke up this morning and was pretty happy about retiring. Still can't believe it. What a relief knowing I'm going to make it. Was the manager and foreman for a Decorative Concrete Business. My handle is Hemiss64. Own a 64 Dodge SS crossram race hemi with true RAM AIR. Moved the rear axle forward to represent the first altered wheel base. In 2002 I started to take it apart and restored it to showroom condition. Still find it hard to believe I painstakenly spent 4 1/2 years and built a car that took 1st Place at Autorama at our IX center in 2006.

View attachment 579360 View attachment 579361 View attachment 579362 View attachment 579363 View attachment 579364

Hemiss64,
Welcome aboard the forum from Dallas, TX (Big D)! Nice looking car! Thanks for sharing.

Awesome

Welcome Mark!

Very nice '64! Takes me back when I was 18 and bought a '64 Polara 500, Black with black interrior. What a looker and a real hoot to race!:thumbsup:

Welcome nice detail on your car enjoy every day.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Greetings Hemiss64! Welcome to the FBBO!

Man - What a SWEET '64 Dodge! I like the beautiful, full-dress Hemi! That's AWESOME taking a well-deserved 1st Place at Autorama!

A month ago Kansas City had their Autorama - World of Wheels - Cavalcade of Customs. It was held at the Kansas City Convention Center named Bartle Hall — a space the size of eight football fields — with more than 700 custom cars, trucks and motorcycles in attendance. Gene Winfield, the 90 year old American automotive customizer, had a large booth on the floor with 4 young interns chopping the top on a 1953 Chevrolet 3100 in the background. I got a chance to say a few words with Gene and buy his 6-pack collection of "How-To" DVDs - Welding, Sheet Metal Work, Chopping & The Art of Leading.

I was disappointed in the lack of Classic MOPARS on the floor. There were dozens of late model Hemi Challengers on display, which is cool, but all were "showroom fresh." I saw one '64 Belvedere, two '68 Roadrunners, two '69 Roadrunners, one '73 Roadrunner, two '68 Chargers and one '69 Charger. All the Roadrunners had the 5.7 Hemi conversions (cool), the Chargers had big blocks and the Belvedere had the valve covers stickered 426 Wedge. With 700+ vehicles in attendance, there was not one GTX on display and no Elephant motors in the house! There were no '33 Willys or '40/'41 Willys Gassers either...............

The Fast and Furious '68 B-Body AWD Fast 8 Ice Charger was there. I told my buddy when we walked up to the car that surely it had to have a big block MOPAR stuck in it; maybe a Hemi. When it was fired up, I knew it didn't sound like a MOPAR. It sounded kinda tinnie; more like a 2-stroke Japanese bike. OMG! Hollywood used a Chevrolet crate motor, GM automatic transmission, a Ford rear end and a 3/4 ton Chevy truck front axle inside this icon B-Body! Then the final blow came when Hollywood pop-riveted some '70s styled wheel flares on it just for fun. What a mess.

Auto Transport Service
Back