• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi from Florida...64 Dodge Polara...

jkully

Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
Hi all…John Kully here, I am an Old Retire Military, living here in Florida (watching Grass Grow and Paint Dry), so I thought it was time to go Big (in the Muscle Car arena…as I have a 1946 Chevy ¾ ton Pickup) as along time Plymouth driver, growing up here in Florida, I went looking for a “B”Body with a Big Block…I came across a 64 Dodge Polara 500 with a 440 Six Packand a 727 Transmission, in Indianapolis, Indiana…with my name on it…bought it and had it ship down here from the snow and ice & single digits up there, to a nice sunny 80 degrees here... I got the title on Friday and Waxed it on Monday and took it to three car show that week…just driving it around, gets me lots of smiles an thumbs’ up from passerby…I have to pass all the Kudo’s to the previous owner, from Ft. Wayne, IN, who did or had this done, all the work…The engine is a 440 Six Pack and 727 Transfrom a 1972 Chrysler running to a 8 ¾ Rear end (3.55:1 ratio) with a (Fulton Posi)…The body was strip of all chrome and the bumpers were painted, as was the car in a high gloss Teal…door handles shaved and power antenna frenched…Front Disk Breaks & Rear Drums, stop the 235/70/15 Front and 255/7015 Rear BFGoodrich TA’s.The Interior was left stock, but completely done over by Legendary Auto Interiors from New Jersey in Pearl...Wow…Fun, Fun, Fun...and I have the Keys...
When the car was delivered, it was all it claim to be anmore…it takes me back 50 years when I started to drive (Legally)…I am now inthe process of doing some upgrades to handle the Hot Florida Summer Sun (forthe engine & Tranny…no A/C in the car…I love Fresh air).

Hi John!
Welcome to the forum
Glad your on the forum
Im retired AF
Thanks for your great service to our Country!

I'd love to see some pics of your 64 Polara!
Such an iconic car!

Again, welcome aboard and thanks for joining the forum!

Welcome from MI. Love to see some pictures, sounds like a great car.

welcome to FBBO from the other sunshine state

thanks for your service in our great military & for our great country

Welcome from Spring Hill FL.

Welcome to the site , I'm right up the road from you in palm bay (about 20 mins) I'm shure we will run in to each other one of these days . There's a mopar show in old town on Sat you should take the car out . The mopars of Brevard are going ,p.m. me if you want to ride over with our group .good luck with your new ride and let's see some pictures.

Auto Transport Service
Back