• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hide away headlights

CANIBUILD4U

Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys , just bought my first project car, 74 Charger SE , will 72 hide away light covers fit? And can anyone tell me anything about what all I have to do to get them up and working? I bought a set off Ebay but havent received them yet, they have the linkage rod and motor but the motor is believed not to work . Anyone know where I can pick up a reproduction motor? Do I have to change all my light wiring? Also doe anyone know where I can find a metal power buldge hood?

Thanks a lot jaak that was very helpful but he didnt mention anything about the motor on the light doors . Do you know where I can buy a reproduction of this motor and where I can get my hands on a wiring diagram ? Would a shop or repair manal have this info? If so are they a particular manal that is better? :confused:

Get yourself a factory service manual. Those have all the information you will need. Remember you will need '72 service manual for the hidden headlights.

Thanks Joe! You guys are being a lot of help . Im going to need a lot of help on this build this is my first ever . Never had any interest in cars until now and after buying this Charger thats all I can think about . I will get some pictures up loaded so you guys can see what Im working with .

Auto Transport Service
Back