• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High Voltage Hemi

Paul,
Don't quote me on this but as far as I know, when they reflash these PCMs for use in an older retro fit, they should be defeating all of those sensors that are not used.
If there is an ambient sensor, it must be in the PCM as there is no external temp sensor in the wiring harness except for the water temp sensor.
I checked all of the scanner windows and according to 383man, any circuit that the PCM can't read, goes to default and shows up as 5.00V.
That makes sense to me and when I looked back on all of the scan tool screens, it showed 5.00V on Battery temp, Ambient temp, fuel level, AC Hi side pressure and S/C 1 & 2.
That tells me that all of those sensors are not hooked up and or monitored.

I have had the same overcharging problem for a year, 15 +volts, just found this post.
did you ever cook a battery?

Blackfish, I didn't run my car for more than a few minutes at a time with the 16 volts so it didn't cook my battery. Bouchillon finally fixed my computer. I really don't know what they did to fix it but it I have heard that the newer cars have a battery temp sensor built in. I think in my case, the sensor was getting bad info and thought the battery temp was -83 degrees F. That is why it was asking the alternator for 16 volts. Bouchillon wouldn't tell me what they did to fix it. They are pissed off at me and have ignored my calls and emails. I am guessing they defeated that sensor somehow.
Do you have a late model Hemi with the factory computer? If so, you probably need to hook up a scan tool to see what the desired voltage is. If it is asking for 15 volts then you probably have a battery temp sensor that should be disabled. If everything is correct, your voltage should be no higher than 14.4.

This is a problem I also had..it was always 15.0-15.8 volts on my monitor. Went thru grounds , connections..finally put a different voltage regulator on and the volts went down to 12.5-13.9ish.

Auto Transport Service
Back