• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History Wanted Inviolet 1970 GTX

Black Bird

Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
:usflag: Does anybody know this GTX. I'm interested in its history... where is it now?
gtx.jpg

Thread moved to Lost and Found forum.

I saw It for sale on a car website in the late 90’s with that same photo. It had a few other photos also. It’s a real hemi GTX. I was very excited about it but it was missing all the expensive parts. It was in AZ at that time of the above photo.

Then later I found a picture of it on the web somewhere. It was a back in the day drag racing Shot from a big track and it had the same side stripe. Car looked shiny and new. I’ll look for it.

Last edited:
Ok here it is back in the day from Dragway 42 in Ohio. Has different wheels in each of the photos, scoop looks like it is over the stock hood. Race hemi crossram and Holley carbs. Stock disc brake booster was here and still with it in the Arizona photos. No mistaking that wide white stripe on the body side and the hood amd black vinyl top.

Cool car, sad to see how it ended up. Anybody know where it is today?

EC5ABE0A-E186-4698-90ED-1E4B86A26583.jpeg B5997732-9B14-4D1E-9E15-439F8A15462B.jpeg 2078D100-9C52-4F6E-B1A6-69A46D3887B2.jpeg

it was a 4-spped car.
It was shown on the page cuda1.com back in the day.
It got sold

AFAIK it was restored back to factory stock

Carsten

:usflag: Interesting, I contacted the registry and they said they didn't have the VIN in their files.
There were 43 Hemi 4 Speed GTXs how many were Inviolet?
I heard that there were only 350(ish) In-Violet 1970 GTX's in total....Hemi and 440.
I owned one of them. :D

Very cool car, I remember seeing the engine-less backyard pic a long time ago. It’s cool to see the pics from its hey-day. It’s cool that the estimated number of in-violet GTXs is so low, my car is one of them, 440-4 4 speed.
Travis..

Auto Transport Service
Back