• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hockey pucks???

Back in late 70s and early 80s, I hung out with some guys that built and raced drag cars. They like hockey pucks to substitute for the softer GM body mounts in 66 to 72 Novas and Camaros to stiffen the cars up.

Ima have give this a shot. Thanks for the input guys lol

use the oem ones!
dodge hockey puck.jpg

Has anyone ever heard of it used Hockey pucks for body mount bushings?? Asking for a friend:praying:
Yes they have been used here as well as used for raising the bodies on 4x4's...and are now outlawed because they are to brittle and wont' take the stress

Hockey pucks are designed to be frozen then shot by a hockey stick at a goal net. Don't be stupid enough to use them for anything else...

Also, don't be stupid enough to disagree with that last post. You're risking your safety and your well being if you use a hockey puck for anything other than what it was designed for (ie. hockey). I have a friend who who owned a smart fortwo (no the names are not supposed to be capitalized). He used a hockey puck as a pad between a jack and the jacking point. A smart doesn't weigh much (760 kgs.). He jacked the car up and was inspecting the brakes. The car suddenly jumped downward as the puck split in two. Half of the puck ended up in one corner of the garage and the other half ended up in the opposite corner of the garage. He wasn't hurt, but he was some startled and some educated. Mopars are a helluva lot heavier than a smart. Don't use a puck for anything other than hockey. Wake up!!!

Also, don't be stupid enough to disagree with that last post. You're risking your safety and your well being if you use a hockey puck for anything other than what it was designed for (ie. hockey). I have a friend who who owned a smart fortwo (no the names are not supposed to be capitalized). He used a hockey puck as a pad between a jack and the jacking point. A smart doesn't weigh much (760 kgs.). He jacked the car up and was inspecting the brakes. The car suddenly jumped downward as the puck split in two. Half of the puck ended up in one corner of the garage and the other half ended up in the opposite corner of the garage. He wasn't hurt, but he was some startled and some educated. Mopars are a helluva lot heavier than a smart. Don't use a puck for anything other than hockey. Wake up!!!
Ok dude

I also don't wear a seat belt most of the time.

Stupid me.

...and I occasionally ride a motorcycle.

How stupid is that?

Post 26- the puck wasn't the source of the failure.

The intellect of the operator was.

I stand 100% behind my implementation of an NHL certified puck as a 1973 steering rag joint replacement.

100%

If you understand the physics of what it is being asked to do, you can see it is 100% sound.

Not so the jack spacer in post 26.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back