• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hole in Charger left side inner fender - body plug?

Chris Cafer

Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a body plug goes in the hole I've circled and if so where it might be available from?

Thanks

Chris
Inked20201220_214732_LI.jpg

Not to my knowledge. The hole it there to tighten/loosen the "Z" bar stud nut on a manual trans car.

thanks 69bee. It's an auto car and I've looked all around the internet for any pic of the hole being plugged and haven't seen one.

no plug there........as stated above, it is a z bar access hole for cars equipped with a manual trans

Perhaps it’s had some surgery?

Replacement panel from an other car?

Hopefully not a rebody !

Have you checked all Body serial Numbers?

What year is it?

they all have that hole...... manual trans cars have a bracket that holds the z bar welded to the top of the rail

I see it’s a 68. Instead of serial it would be Vehicle Order Number.

stamped on rad support and under drivers side trunk wearer strip from underneath, also on fender tag if I recall.

they all have that hole...... manual trans cars have a bracket that holds the z bar welded to the top of the rail

Ah good to know! I’m thinking of converting my 68 R/T to a 4 speed so that’s helpful.

Sorry OP hopefully I didn’t worry you.

But fun hunt if you haven’t checked body numbers.

Ah good to know! I’m thinking of converting my 68 R/T to a 4 speed so that’s helpful.

Sorry OP hopefully I didn’t worry you.

But fun hunt if you haven’t checked body numbers.

easy operation

zbzarhole2.jpg

zbzrhole.jpg

Last edited:
A piece of rubber with push in clips covers that whole area to keep dirt out.

Thanks for the info! I'm new to the site though I have watched it over the years. I'm in Upstate NY restoring my 68 Charger. I've actually owned it for quite some time but other life pursuits have kept it tucked away until now. Great to have a site with resources and knowledge.

Chris

Auto Transport Service
Back