• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley carb on my spread bore 440 manifold.

Since nowadays the fuel creates heat related issues you might opt for a spacer that helps insulate the carb killing 2 birds with 1 stone.. just a thought.

Thanks 747mopar. I found a 1/2 spacer at summit Holley 17-59 but is phenolic plastic. Is it plastic to help with the heat? is plastic something I would want to use?

Thanks 747mopar. I found a 1/2 spacer at summit Holley 17-59 but is phenolic plastic. Is it plastic to help with the heat? is plastic something I would want to use?
Phenolic is a resin made by combining phenol and a aldehyde, so technically it's not a plastic. Some times classified as "Bakelite" It's often combined with various substrates ( canvas, glass etc.) and is compression molded. Sorry I went a little geeky. :realcrazy:
To answer your question, yes it will work on your application and yes it will help your carbs heat percolation issues.

Phenolic is a resin made by combining phenol and a aldehyde, so technically it's not a plastic. Some times classified as "Bakelite" It's often combined with various substrates ( canvas, glass etc.) and is compression molded. Sorry I went a little geeky. :realcrazy:
To answer your question, yes it will work on your application and yes it will help your carbs heat percolation issues.

No problem with the geek stuff always willing to learn more. Good to know
Thanks 68moparmaniac.

Auto Transport Service
Back