• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley in tank fuel pump

Daniel Foster

Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1968 Charger with a 383. I have a Sniper EFI setup I am installing. I got the Holley in tank fuel pump and I’m not quite sure where the grey wire on the pump harness goes. The fuel pump instructions show the grey wire goes to a red wire on a relay. However, the relay that is part of the sniper kit does not have a red wire other than the one that goes to the battery. It does have a blue wire labeled fuel pump +. Do I connect the grey fuel pump wire to the blue one on the harness?

Also, the fuel pump instructions show a green/black switched 12v wire that goes to the ignition switch. My harness doesn’t have that wire but it does have a pink wire. Do I use that?

12-314 in tank fuel pump
550-510k sniper master kit

Thanks

IMG_7280.jpeg

IMG_7281.jpeg

IMG_7283.jpeg

IMG_7282.jpeg

I believe the Blue 10 AWG wire on the Sniper is the correct wire to connect to the pumps positive wire (Gray) and that is all you need to do.
The Blue wire comes from the relay built into the Sniper harness.

Yes Blue wire from the relay goes to the fuel pump. That is the switched power out of the relay.

I would set that on the bench and connect red and black to a battery and the pink to a toggle switch ( to simulate my key switch) connect the fuel pump to what seems to be the blue wire, black wire on the fuel pump to ground, connected the display and flip the switch and see what happens.
Then I know for sure what works and what doesn't work.

I would set that on the bench and connect red and black to a battery and the pink to a toggle switch ( to simulate my key switch) connect the fuel pump to what seems to be the blue wire, black wire on the fuel pump to ground, connected the display and flip the switch and see what happens.
Then I know for sure what works and what doesn't work.
You’re never supposed to run those pumps dry. Tanks inc (which is Holley sniper) is very adamant about that.

Auto Transport Service
Back