• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Sniper EFI and Tachometer

64Orange

Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
Good afternoon FBBO!

For anyone using a Holley Sniper EFI set up, how did you set up your tachometer?
I am not sure what kind of wiring or set up I need.

Thank you!

factory tach? I had to use a MSD Tach Adapter to get the correct reading. But I used the Holley Sniper with the Holley Hyper Spark setup. Depends on what you are using for ignition. Most factory setups use a grey wire from the tach to the negative post on the coil. The Hyperspark is a little different so I had to use the tach adapter to make the factory tach work correctly.

Last edited:
I don't have a tach yet. I see they have a Holley EFi tach but it doesn't look anywhere close era correct.

factory tach? I had to use a MSD Tach Adapter to get the correct reading. But I used the Holley Sniper with the Holley Hyper Spark setup. Depends on what you are using for ignition. Most factory setups use a grey wire from the tach to the negative post on the coil. The Hyperspark is a little different so I had to use the tach adapter to make the factory tach work correctly.

Let me check on the setup. I think I also have the hyperspark set up

Dark Brown wire off the 10 pin connector. It was the only wire off that connector I used. I'm using an Autometer.
20201214_105228.jpg

I'll have to check and see but the brown wire seems to be what I used for the tach signal. Its in the supplemental harness which is also for electric fans and what not. I have to download the manuals real quick.

I am using a Sniper EFI hyperspark system: distributor, ignition, and ignition coil. I was wondering if I could use a Sun tach or Stewart Warner tach. I'll have to dig deeper about that brown wire. And what kind of Autometer are you using? I know they have a few in their line up that looks vintage

That's great! Which wire are you using and where does it come from?
The brown wire from the 10-way plug - blue and green are used on the ignition on the same plug....nothing else used on mine.

A bit untidy for now...undergoing a small re-wire in the coming weeks.

Awesome! This is really helpful! Thank you.
About how much did that repro Sun tach cost?

Auto Transport Service
Back