• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Throttle Cable/Kickdown Issue

67BELVSLEEPER

Local time
3:21 PM
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for the help. I have a 67 Plymouth Belvedere II. It has a 273 with a Commando Intake. When I bought the car is had MSD ignition stuff on it and also a new Holley 750 dual feed 4 BBL. The carb is way to big, the car runs ok but runs rich and is hard to start when it loads up.

I just bought a Holley 600 #1850 to replace the 750. The car has a 904 trans with stock linkage and stock transmission kickdown equipment. It has the extended stud to accept the linkage for the kickdown. I haven’t driven the car much but noticed that the throttle cable was a little loose and the tranny kickdown didn’t appear to be opening all the way. The car shifts great, firm with no slipping but it is not kicking down into passing gear because of the adjustments.

I started to adjust the throttle cable and kickdown linkage. The issue I have is that when I adjusted the throttle cable to open up full while opening the kickdown the cable is too short and prevents the throttle from closing back up all the way keeping the motor powered up.

Will one of the Holley throttle cable adjustment brackets cure this? And if so can you recommend a part number.

Thanks again.

I believe you need the edelbrock throttle cable bracket made for Holley carbs. Part number is 8021 from summit. I have this bracket on all my holleys.

Thanks Scatpack. I ordered that kit. It looks the same as the Holley 20-7 bracket I was going to order. Hopefully I will be good to go.

Auto Transport Service
Back