• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not getting FULL THROTTLE ON STREET DEMON CARBURETOR....

HAHNAGON

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
First, thank you for letting me join. I greatly appreciate it. Heres my current issue. I'm restoring a 70 charger and have a big block with the holley street demon 750. I can't get it to open full throttle!!. I'm only getting 2 barrels, if that. I tried factory throttle cable and kickdown and currently using lokar style cables and brackets. I've adjusted, adjusted, adjusted and adjusted....no luck. It did stick one day and that was fun. Geometry issue or something? Idk. I'm close to getting this car finished and could use the help. Thank you, Alex

20230711_193347.jpg

Welcome. You need to show us some pictures of the carburetor and linkage problem if you want us to help you with the problem.

Welcome! You say that you can get two barrels? If so, the linkage might be okay as is. The secondaries are vacuum, they won't open while you're adjusting under the hood.

If you’re running the factory intake I’m not sure that carb will work. Isn’t the street demon designed to be used on an intake with an open plenum? It looks as if the secondary butterflies would hit the plenum divider on a factory intake and never work. So yea we’re gonna need some pics of your setup so we can help. Nice ride by the way.

Last edited:
What intake? Throttle linkage could be binding on an aftermarket intake. If that's the case you can use a short carb spacer like 1/4" or 1/2". Send a picture of the carb on throttle side.

Might be time to roll up the sleeves and unhook the linkage so you can get in there and manually look down the carb while opening. Allow the problem to expose itself to you.

You don't have the cable attached way up on the end of the lever arm do ya and do have it mid way down on the correct mopar adapter arm???

Sorry. All the pictures didn't load the first time. Here are some. I can open it full throttle by hand from under hood but the pedal and cable will not fully open it. I've adjusted and adjusted. No clearance issues. Factory cable, kickdown, brackets and levers didn't work eiter.

20230715_212511.jpg

20230715_212540.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back