• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley to Edelbrock 1411 conversion, need throttle linkage!

kaj750

Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I had a Holley 650cfm on the car... swapped to an Edelbrock 1411 but the throttle linkage isn't working, of course. Can anyone tell me what I need to make it work? 1969 Charger with a 440/727. Thanks in advance. Pics below of what was on the car to begin with and what's on the new carb:

20231024_174747.jpg
20231024_174757.jpg
20231024_174747.jpg
20231024_174757.jpg
20231024_174804.jpg
20231024_174813.jpg
20231024_174820.jpg
20231024_174823.jpg

1411.jpg

Swapped on the Edelbrock 1411. Added the linkage adapter for my car.

Smokes a bit on startup, so guessing I need to adjust the choke to lean it out a bit. Does that sound about right?

Car drives GREAT.

Thanks for the advice, guys!

Last edited:
Swapped on the Edelbrock 1411. Added the linkage adapter for my car.

Smokes a bit on startup, so guessing I need to adjust the choke to lean it out a bit. Does that sound about right?

Car drives GREAT.

Thanks for the advice, guys!
Those carter style carbs are great .

Quick update: Car starts from cold start and warms up just great. New issue that I can't imagine is related... but:

When coming to a stop the car now drops to about half idle and just about wants to die. It's never done this before and didn't after changing are the carb and adding an Eddy heat insulator between the intake and carb. The car ran fine last night, with no issues. All I did today was move the electric choke to the "lean" side to get rid of my rich start up.
Am I correct in assuming this has to be an unrelated coincidence??

Further update. Removed the neoprene spacer. reinstalled carb. Choke seems spot on; the car starts without giving it any/pumping the gas pedal. Car goes when given gas, no hesitation. Car obviously drops RPM when at a stop, but no longer feels like it just wants to die. For the first time, ever, it runs well with the air cleaner on LOL.

So far, very happy with the Eddy on my street car.

Are you familiar with the curb idle screw - Idle Rpms when engine is warmed up or hot

Versus

And your choke fast idle screw - Idle Rpms when engine is cold

And of course your two idle mixture screws

All these effect your idle characteristics , hot and cold

Anyways just putting this out there - Peace

Last edited:
Are you familiar with the curb idle screw - Idle Rpms when engine is warmed up or hot

Versus

And your choke fast idle screw - Idle Rpms when engine is cold

And of course your two idle mixture screws

All these effect your idle characteristics , hot and cold

Anyways just putting this out there - Peace

Nope. I'm not a carb guy. For the most part, this thing is working great. Well enough that I don't want to do anything that will ruin it LOL.

Auto Transport Service
Back