• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Home made Italian Cream Cake...mmmm, cake!

Looks dam good ! Ask her to make you a cannoli cake. You would love that to. Just some advice from a American with Italian blood in him. When I lived near Chicago we had a place called the Italian bakery in Addison , that was the only way I would be able to get great stuff like that.

My mother was an OTB Italian. My grandfather was imported in to this country to work at the refineries as a pipe fitter. She told me that she could see the lava from Mt. Etna where they lived. I've seen photos of Italy and it is one of the most beautiful lands in the world.
Cannoli Cake? I like cannolis! I'd love to find some traditional Italian cookies, don't need them but maybe at Christmas....

Was she one of those cooks who had it memorized? Probably didn't have to measure anything either!
Exactly!
She would just gather the ingredients & go…
It was cool just watching her create !

Yep, laced with booze.
grew up eating these cakes and drinking home made wine preserved olives and vegetables all the stuff we ate was home made.It's funny watching people pay top dollar to sit in cafes to eat the stuff we ate because we couldn't afford to buy

grew up eating these cakes and drinking home made wine preserved olives and vegetables all the stuff we ate was home made.It's funny watching people pay top dollar to sit in cafes to eat the stuff we ate because we couldn't afford to buy

My grandfather made his own wine, they had a backyard garden and raised chickens. I rarely eat out or eat processed food but don't grow or raise anything. There are a ton of farmers out here and I can get just about anything from local growers. The eggs are fantastic! Homemade bread instead of the store crap. Australias a great place! I remember the lamb.

I was lucky to get the old wine barrels from my grandpa ! I can remember sneaking wine from them as a kid. Maybe that’s why I love my wine ! Thanks for all the good memory’s ! My family is all gone now , they all came from the Taylor street neighborhood in Chicago.

Amaretto by chance??? :)

Tiramisu isn't my thing so not sure what they use. There is no booze in the Italian Cream Cake. Fruit cake has a bad rep because most people don't know how to make it. I've used my mothers recipe for decades. Light fruitcake with NO RAISINS and NO PACKAGED FRUIT MIX. Just a lot of glaced fruit and pecans. Then it gets wrapped with cheese cloth and soaked with either peach brandy or bourbon, wrapped with tin foil and let it sit for a couple of weeks...Weighs about 10 lbs. If you don't like it, you can always use it for home defense.

Auto Transport Service
Back