• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood scoop question

Hosehead

Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I had a question and was seeking some opinions. I am doing a 65 belvedere with a 440. Gonna do a fun street/strip car. I will be putting a ss hemi scoop on the car. During my accumulating of parts for this car, I have acquired a 65 426 wedge chrome air cleaner and valve cover set. It is original stuff. I am now starting to think they might look weird together with the scoop. So anyway, flame away, what do you guys think? Goofy looking combo or not?

How do YOU want it to look. A friend told me once, "I don't build my stuff by commitee".
Doug

Just thought someone may have used this combo. Wondering how it works, that air cleaner with a scoop. That's all.

Your Going To Have To Put A Big Hole In Your Hood To Fit That 426 Street Wedge Chrome Air Cleaner Down Over! I Know! I Have That Chrome Job Off Mine And A Mopar Performance Air Cleaner With My Hemi Hood Scoop!

Your Going To Have To Put A Big Hole In Your Hood To Fit That 426 Street Wedge Chrome Air Cleaner Down Over! I Know! I Have That Chrome Job Off Mine And A Mopar Performance Air Cleaner With My Hemi Hood Scoop!
THANK YOU!!! Maybe my question was poorly phrased, but this is what I was asking. Seems like an odd combo. Such a big air cleaner that would need to match up with the hole in the hood. I love the 65 street wedge chrome stuff but I think it would be an odd match with the hole for the scoop. Thanks for the input 426,

Unless you run a very high intake it should fit under the hood. No one can see it with the hood shut anyway. I run this air cleaner setup on my 63 and it fits under the hood. I use and Indy dual plane intake with a 1" spacer. I dont have my carb sealed to the scoop. I have an 8" hole in the hood but the air cleaner is not in the center of it since our engines sit off to the right some. I have just not worried about sealing the scoop. I think your setup would look cool as it will look like a 426 street wedge eng. Ron

100_1887_zps79cd8dc6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I use the stock size max wedge scoop. Ron

406455332.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back