• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood scoops mounting!

TheSwede

Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
The dynamic swede has a new problem, the person that mounted the hood scoops must have forgot to use the ruler, they are NOT in the right position, they would probably have been more accurate if he just had tossed them up in the air and mounted them where they landed :mad:
Can anyone with the scoops mounted right take the measures for me? Use my photo and MS paint for example to show where you have taken the measure, please?

And mayby I will throw in a pair of hood pins when I am drilling in the hood? How long are the wires for 1970 b-body?

hoodscoop.jpg

can you get a picture of the whole hood standing in front of the car.that might help to see where the scoops are positioned on the hood?

Ya they definitey don't look right. I'm sure someone who knows will chime in.

Wish I had that when I did mine:banghead::banghead::banghead:

MsgAtt.asp2.jpg

Hopefully I'm not hijacking but the thread topic is Hood scoops mounting....

Is the ribbing and everything underneath the a flat scoopless coronet hood hood the same as a scoop hood or are there stamped in provisions on the fresh air hood to account for the, air cleaner?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back