• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoods that interchange with 1974 Satellite

Stew1337

Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
Folks,
I am in Australia and have a 74 Satellite and need another hood, whether it be glass or steel dont care as I want to cut hole in it for blower.

Cant find a supplier with that specific year
Got no idea what other years and models have same or interchangeable hood and hoping someone might assist and or advise supplier that may be able to assist.

73 is the same except for the vents at the back.

71 and 72 will bolt on and open/close but don't have the body lines where the 73/74 headlight area extends from the header panel back through the hood.

That's it. 2 door only.

73 and 74 ony difference is there are no vents on the 73. There are two hoods.. Roadrunner has the powerbulge hood, satellite was flat.
71-72 the hood fits on a 73 but the hood on the front corners is lower. Takes some work to make it look right. There are fiberglass ones I have seen somwhere?

Last edited:
That's backwards- there are no vents on the 74.

73 has small vents on each side and the washer nozzles stick through.

For 74, the washer nozzles moved to the wiper arms.

73 and 74 ony difference is there are no vents on the 73. There are two hoods.. Roadrunner has the powerbulge hood, satellite was flat.
71-72 the hood fits on a 73 but the hood on the front corners is lower. Takes some work to make it look right. There are fiberglass ones in the states.
http://www.usbody.com/Pages_Cars/71-Roadrunner.htm
Does US body even exist? Even on their Facebook page it suggests they don'tand some scammer is taking orders that are never supplied

Looking at that site closer it does look like something is off.. Sorry! it's good you caught that. Someone has made glass fenders and a hood at one time. It may have been showcars??? You might try them and see what they say?. So far I haven't seen anything currently available. Best bet may be working over a 71 hood, raise the edges up like the 73.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back