• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoosier DOT or NOT

Tony 69

Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
The bird needs some new shoes. Currently have BF radials. It’s a street car but want a little more traction. The Hoosier tires say dot but the fine print says not for highway use. The M/T might be an option but look close to the BF. The car does some highway miles but mostly want to launch better. What do you all think?

MT drag radials all the way. Good handling around corners and great traction. Just don't drive in the rain.

Hoosier and mickey both have a few varieties of street "drag" tires. I would suggest you avoid the bias versions, they are basically drag slicks with stiffer sidewalls, and a couple grooves.
I have a pair of the bias hoosiers, quick time pro, and they are entirely legal, dot and a light truck rating
I also have a pair of the m/t e.t. Street radial pro's. They SAY, not for highway use, but they have a dot so they are legal.... just not recommended for highway use.
For your application, I would use mickey e.t.street r, or e.t. street ss. The ss has a more open tread pattern for accidental wet.
But the hoosiers or the right nitto versions will work as well.
Any tire with a dot HAS to be safe for street use, or It wouldn't HAVE a dot number. Imo, the warning is a tire company cya.

Last edited:
If your talking about the Hoosier Quick Time Pro tires. They are a slick with 3-4 small grooves in them. I would not recommend them for the street.

If your talking about the Hoosier Quick Time Pro tires. They are a slick with 3-4 small grooves in them. I would not recommend them for the street.
I ran QTPs for years and they made my car feel like it was on Jello. I switched to M/T street drag radials and the handling went thru the roof but, they do not have the grip of the Hoosiers. Just drive slower if it rains, as you should anyway.
Mike

I think the M/T et street radial SS would be a good choice for you, IMO.

I’m partial to the white letters. The M/T is blackwall. What does yours look like?

68607815024__2BC73214-4F31-4876-BDE1-05FD0217106F.jpeg

Hoosiers usually have their logo stenciled on, in white paint. The outline logo on a mickey (M/T) can be done similar. These are real slicks, but the drag radials are similar.

IMG_20221102_091414.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back